• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi and Egg Lay, in this game

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

I think the lack of Jump Cancel in this game is quite disappointing. Yoshi got significantly better and he's really fun to play...the dealbreaker, though? Yeah. That's pretty much the only reason I'm not maining him. I found so much use and flexibility in Yoshi's Jump Cancel (+ Egg Lay) that it's pretty much a defining trait. Before that, in Brawl, I was just...Eggz & Pivot Grab. Here's not THAT much different, even though he does have an amazing Jab, Dash Attack and good tilts as always.

Share the utility of Egg Lay in the game. Is it still really useful? How so?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It still has the same uses, but it's worse due to having increased start up (and perhaps increased ending lag), as well as having less range.

Pretty disappointing.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I love it. But you have to condition your opponent to shield which isn't difficult if you throw eggs and do retreating SH f-airs.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't think I know to play Yoshi in this game beyond something like...Jab, Dash Attack, F-Air and N-Air run-ins. Yes, I just go in like that. I feel Yoshi a bit more "stiff" overall, maybe it's just me. I felt him really quick, mobile and squeaky in Brawl, which is what I loved about him despite being significantly worse.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I felt him really quick, mobile and squeaky in Brawl, which is what I loved about him despite being significantly worse.
Honestly, I think this post is one of the weirdest I have ever seen in smashboards, I mean, When I go back to Brawl, I feel like Yoshi is terribly slow there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom