• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YO, SDI ARROWS??? Not talking about the Training Mode.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Looks interesting. We'll have to see how they behave, and if they stay long enough to matter. Can't see it being of too much benefit if it's only on screen for a few frames. Almost seems like it's an incidental feature, but most of them start that way.

sorses

Smash Rookie
Sdi just comes to mind for it though, since they only last that short amount of time

aarchak

Smash Ace
On second look, they appear to not be what I thought you were talking about. My bad. After actually seeing them, they just look like attack effects. They seem to both be at the same angle, so it may just be an effect.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
It could also be an indication of which direction the player is holding for DI at the moment of impact. Either way, this could be big for DI dependent follow ups.

aarchak

Smash Ace
It might be DI, not an attack effect (it looks like a slash effect, and I'm pretty sure mom doesn't do a slashing attack on Gamer), but it might just be nothing. We really can't know for sure until we see it in action more. It's also not the easiest thing to see. Who knows what it might be in the end. But if it is DI, that could change the game a bit.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
if this really is a thing. Wow. It's great for analyzing replays.. including laughing at terrible DI. But i'm not sure if it's real

sorses

Smash Rookie
Ill try and grab some more pics, but i think the one on gamer is the most prominent example. Since the lines don't really move, more like appear its honestly hard to say. But considering that the input space for SDI is minuscule anyways i think its a good fit. That being said, these could just be dev tools, and removed in the final game.

Last edited:

sorses

Smash Rookie
ok, found another and its from the simon part of the direct, very clearly showing the direction of launch of pacman here

Pacman nipped by simons axe

It starts during the hit of the axe on pac man, but lingers till he goes flying

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
ok, found another and its from the simon part of the direct, very clearly showing the direction of launch of pacman here

Pacman nipped by simons axe

It starts during the hit of the axe on pac man, but lingers till he goes flying
Hmmmmm. It mightbe the new slash effect. Have you seen it show up anything that didnt have to do with slashes?

aarchak

Smash Ace
I don't believe Gamer hazards have a slash effect.

Edit: just checked the wiki, looks to be paralysis in Smash 4

Last edited:

sorses

Smash Rookie
Hmmmmm. It mightbe the new slash effect. Have you seen it show up anything that didnt have to do with slashes?
Take a look at it in the direct video at .25, the slash effect looks green and cross like, but this blue arrow is very clearly pointing in pacmans direction of launch

aarchak

Smash Ace
Take a look at it in the direct video at .25, the slash effect looks green and cross like, but this blue arrow is very clearly pointing in pacmans direction of launch
If it isn't an attack effect, it is either merely noting the direction of the launch (which seems more likely), or it really is about DI and the people filming the Direct didn't use it.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
If this is a thing it could be nice for determining what direction to DI, but it might also just be a leftover debug feature like the numbers on Falco's lasers

Top Bottom