• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YL's height is weirding me out (super nitpicky thread)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Is it just me or is his unusually tall this time around?

Young Link in Ocarina of Time:

YL in MM:

:younglinkmelee: in Melee:

In Hyrule Warriors:
:ultyounglink: in Ultimate:

I guess it's about the same as his Melee height but somehow looks off to me :confused:

Last edited:
To be fair, Ocarina of Time Link is probably the tallest Link in the series. If you look at his height next to the Master Sword, it looks like a normal one-handed sword. In twilight princess it's slightly longer, so that Link in theory is slightly shorter. Then BOTW Link has an even longer sword and in Skyward Sword the Master Sword is as tall as he is at the end of the game. I look at the Links together in Ultimate and it just reminds me that Young Link got the tall genes the other Links lack.

All of what I said falls apart once you realize that canonically Little Mac and Cloud should be the same height, or that Chrom should be a head taller than Lucina, or that Lucario and Pokémon trainer should probably both be shorter than Mario, but I like the thought anyway.

Top Bottom