• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

y can metroid crawl?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Better ability to deal with zoning, prepared to crouch cancel at any time while moving towards/away.

These are the most substantial things I can think of for now, but I am sure there are lots more.

*edit*
Also she apparently has a crawl tilt right now (boost ball) which is a really low and fast move. Seems a lot like Squirtle's crawl tilt actually (which is fantastic). Probably will be able attack from the front and cross-up behind characters & their sheilds.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
She's able to move while having one of the smallest hurtboxes in the game, which will dovetail nicely with her footsies-centric mid-range game. It also makes her bomb game more involved, allowing her to use bombs in more situations where she hadn't been able to previously.

Moreover, it allows her ****ty roll to be tossed out in favor of one that is not far and away the worst in the game, since the morph ball can still be referenced without having to sacrifice a fundamental tool.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Samus never had a lot of trouble managing zoning since she herself had a good zoning game. If anything aside to being an homage to the games it will give her interesting potential cross-under options and mix-ups to work with.

br8k

Coolkid
She's able to move while having one of the smallest hurtboxes in the game, which will dovetail nicely with her footsies-centric mid-range game. It also makes her bomb game more involved, allowing her to use bombs in more situations where she hadn't been able to previously.

Moreover, it allows her ****ty roll to be tossed out in favor of one that is not far and away the worst in the game, since the morph ball can still be referenced without having to sacrifice a fundamental tool.
New roll? Samus with an actual agile roll dodge?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's based on the SenseMove from Other M. I think her run animation is also from Other M, although I don't recall the run speed being change.

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
It's good for more than zoning. Even in Melee, just using a retreating Down-B was a great way to retreat safely and time out your opponent; the bombs would frustrate non-aerial attempts at tech-chasing or pursuit while her ability to cancel into an air gave her a way to respond to airs. And since Samus had one of the hardest and least useful short-hops to perform, it was a great alternative to that too. All of this will be increased in Project M now that she has MORE options from Morph Ball. I expect it will actually change her entire ground-game in favor of baiting, hit-and-run, and Morph Ball zoning. I think it will be sick once someone figures it all out.

Fortress

Smash Master
One phrase should sum this up: wavedash out of crawl. So many options.

Also D-smash out of crawl. Adam-approved.

Kati

Smash Lord
It's based on the SenseMove from Other M. I think her run animation is also from Other M, although I don't recall the run speed being change.
Sensemove involves elaborate flips/rolls. The run animation is just zss'.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, that post is inaccurate anyway because the roll is no longer based on SenseMove (which makes no sense to me, hurr durr). The run is definitely not ZSS's. It may actually be from Zero Mission.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking we can crawlattack to punish our opponents when they reflect or missiles. Would this be possible?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If we do a high enough missile, sure.

I'm not sure crawl attack would be a great option to use, though, since it doesn't have very much knockback, and would be really easy to CC. I would rather say dsmash if we know we've got a guaranteed reflect punish. Bomb may also be a viable choice, once the on-block explosion problem can be fixed.

Top Bottom