• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xio's Toon Link (critique?)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Meh not teh Toon Linkz in these vids, k thx. ^_^

Xio is a Toon Link main I met at my monthlies. He apparently doesn't even own Brawl, but he wants to improve. It's okay though because all decent Melee players know how to **** Brawl newbs anyway =O.

Also, he taught me that TL dittos are mean. AS in we were both so campy. ^^ He's pretty good though. He might need some work/autocancel Zairs/work on consistent SHDAs.

Xio (TL) vs. Zelda [1/3]
Xio (TL) vs. Ness [2/3]
Xio (TL) vs. Zelda [3/3]

Xio (TL) vs. Mario (Diablo) [1/3]
Xio (TL) vs. Mario (Diablo) [2/3]
Xio (TL) vs. Mario (Diablo) [3/3]

I'm a gay Smash Lord now. Yeah, I now officially have SWF Otaku status!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Xio's Toon Link isn't bad or anything, but from the two vids I watched it seems he plays Toon Link like he was played when Brawl first was first released. For example:

- Spams kill moves (Usmash, Fsmash) at low percents
- Next to no zair spammage
- Very floaty (hardly any fast falling)

These are the sorts of things that TL players have worked on and improved the most in their own metagames. Xio is a good TL don't get me wrong, his style just may not be as effective as others.

tl:dr - quit living in the past :p

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I noticed a few bad Dairs. There were some good examples of Dair-ing, but he needs to cut down on them.

He also seemed a bit... panicky to me. Stalling, hesitant, at the end of the third game he takes a double hop -> Fair when a long hop would probably have done. Maybe he needs to get his confidence up.

I guess really, he just needs to buy the game. He's not bad though. I like his tilts.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm a gay Smash Lord now. Yeah, I now officially have SWF Otaku status!
*points to "smash master" status.
Super Otaku. >=D

As for the videos, hes pretty good for someone who doesn't own Brawl.
Might be the next PC Cris.

QUIVO

Smash Master
PC Chris owned it for awhile though. I think it broke or something after he got pretty good, then he just started playing with friends.

xio

Smash Cadet
Thx VietGeek for posting the vids like I requested. It was kinda random but i really appreciate it. Also, thx every1 for your insight on my tink. The main problem with the matches at that tournament was that I have not touched Brawl since last Waba tournament and I was using a new controller. That is probably where all the uncertainties and unconfidence came from during the matches. I'll remember your comments and try to add them in my meta-game on this weekends tournament. If you come vgeek, can you bring recording stuff again? I wanna record again :p Thx every1 for the help.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he has a bit to improve on. He had quite a few missed grabs which are pretty critical. No matter what if I miss a grab I get punished hardcore.....

xio

Smash Cadet
Thx for the comments, like jellyfishnn said, 1 missed grab = death. Also, junahu, I noticed bombing myslef a lot. That probably came from being scared and such. Watching the videos, I noticed a lot of things i can improve on but not having the game at home makes it hard. I'll incorporate everything you guys said into my meta game next tournament. Thx again.

Hyro

Smash Lord
These vids are good quality. What was used to record them?

Top Bottom