• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

x

Coyle

Smash Cadet
If the opponent is on stage: They might get confused after seeing the wall-jump and follow you off stage, but I don't see that happening often. I think the more likely reaction from them will be to wait and see - then punish. For an opponent on stage, the best outcome you're likely to get is them whiffing a smash, which IMO is worse than just being on ledge due to the lag of the air dodge. You'd end right up against your opponent, and unless you pivot gentleman/grab asap you're gonna get punished.

If the opponent is off stage: They'd have to be close to the ledge or anxious to be baited from the wall-jump into stalling/using their double jump. If they were close the ledge and didn't get baited then you might be punished, but at the very least it's a free ledge. If they weren't close and didn't stall/d-jump then they get to the ledge again for free.

Overall I see this as too much risk for too little reward. There's a chance you'll air dodge too soon, sending you into the ledge. If that doesn't happen you're still probably going to get punished because of the lag from the dodge. I'd consider myself pretty lucky if I did this and it ended up in my favor.

Last edited:

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
People are telling you this is bad, but I see S2J do it all the time. Airdodging onto the stage is perfectly fine as a method to get off the ledge depending on their positioning. If they're right at the edge trying to hit you off, then go for it. If it's Marth waiting at Fsmash range facing the ledge, I'd try something else.

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
If you do it really fast and when the opponent is very close to the ledge, than maybe. But there are better options usually.. its not really an effective mixup, since the opponent will expect a laggy falcon recovery that is punished with correct timing and will wait, so you'll just get wrecked

Coyle

Smash Cadet
Yes, this is viable.
Use this after you ledgetech, it's a great recovery mixup.
I think in that situation it's more of a good mixup because of the preceding ledge-tech. He'd mostly be using this tech from whenever he was just hanging on the ledge, and in that situation he's likely to end up in trouble. So would I ever use this? Maybe. When maybe? Sometimes.

Top Bottom