• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wweh, first thread.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm not really new... but I never made a introduction thread when I joined. I've been around for about a month in the character discussion for SSB4.

Being British, I try to be civil and polite. Being British, when I'm not, I'll probably cut you with a knife I have in my pocket for some reason, then roll you up, light you on fire, and smoke you like a cigarette. Huehuehue, of course I'm joking. I try to be pretty calm and approachable, anyway.

I more or less joined the forum to support Ridley, but I main Bowser and damn am I chuffed to know Bowser's supposedly getting buffed. I don't really prefer any type of game, but I tend to play more anime-styled games because the art style just appeals to me more than nitty gritty realistic art styles. Like BlazBlue (see avatar) and Disgaea.

I'm 18, just finished Sixth Form, and am going onto University next year if I attain the grades I'm after.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there :)

I've always used Bowser as a secondary since Melee due to love for the character and it nearly brought me to tears (WARNING: Extreme Exaggeration) to see how he's being handled in the upcoming Smash games.

As for Anime-styled games, they're always pretty fun and the art style compliments all the aspects of the game very well. Aside from the games, are you actually a fan of Anime in general?

Anyways, nice to see you around! I've caught a few of your posts before. You may noticed me here and there on the forums since I'm pretty active in the SSB4 forums.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I definitely recognise your avatar, I've gotta say. Avatars are important, so I like to keep the same one! It's nice to meet you, anyway! c:

I didn't even know Smash Bros. existed around Melee time, hurr. I really loved Bowser in Brawl, because I love villains and Bowser was always awesome to me. Especially after playing Bowser's Inside Story, too. His character is just pretty likable~

Another thing about anime-style games is my fondness for how they tend to always be totally over-the-top, and like to mock tropes and common things in said tropes. Like Nippon Ichi's game Zettai Hero Project has the final boss, Demon General Darkdeath Evilman. And the best part about that game being that the name of the final boss isn't even slightly spoilery due to the nature of the game, it having to train you to beat the final boss over and over before you can do so.

And, yeah! I like anime, although I don't watch much of it anymore because I'm seriously lazy, and have a backlog that's huge. Looking forward to ufotable's Fate/stay night adaption though, as well as next week's RWBY Volume 2. Not that RWBY is technically anime, but it's anime enough!

I've absolutely seen you around! It's a pleasure to meet'cha, and I hope to see you around even more! :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Avatars are very important! I wish more people realized this! Each selection should be carefully thought out. Of course, choose something you like, but I always try to aim for both something that I like, and something that isn't too common. Some people are bound to use the same avatar as you, so I always make an effort to find someone new. Someone else may be using the one I'm currently using (not that I know of though), but if that's the case, I'm hoping that when people see this avatar or any others I have, they think of me before anyone else :awesome:

And really? That's awfully shocking. I've heard stories about people not playing Smash until Melee/Brawl, but they at least knew that it existed. So your story is definitely an interesting one! And Bowser's Inside Story was definitely nice as it offered a completely different take on that big lovable oaf. In Smash, I'd like if they gave his sounds a more modernized feel, kind of like how Bowser in the games rather than keep him sounding like a wild beast. That's nice too, but with Bowser's new look, I figured his sound would change as well.

I also like your other point about the anime-styled games. It's kind of why I like watching some over-the-top anime or at least ones that weren't meant to be taken too seriously to begin with (kinda like Fairy Tail). Things are lighthearted and hilarious, I love it.

Nice to hear that you recognize me though! I'm sure we'll continue to see each other around many times throughout our time here :)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I tend to just grab something that looks good as an avatar and roll with it, myself. I gotta say, I like your avatar a lot because it works as an avatar alone, actually! If I hadn't chosen Hazama, I'd have easily chosen Homura from Madoka Magica, since I have a Reindeer Homura one I use a lot. But there's no-one else I could mistake you for with that avatar~ c:

Yeah! Honestly, I used to be pretty straightforward with video games in general! It used to be "Mario, Zelda, other one-off titles" for me. It was boring as hell, so when I branched out and pushed myself to try Metroid (With Prime 1) I was absorbed and to date, branching out is probably the second best decision I've ever made~! As for Bowser, I was surprised his voice tracks were similar at all, honestly. It makes sense, but he still shows plenty of character, all the same. I remember having tons of fun making my brother laugh at Bowser's stumbling taunt. Before it became old, anyway. :awesome:

Yeah! I've never watched a big one, like Naruto or DBZ, but I've seen countless smaller ones like Clannad and Gurren Lagann, and maaaaaaaaan, they were amazing.

And, I'm certain we will! I'll look forward to it~

Looks like we've been visited by the MorbidAltruism of happiness, as well. :awesome:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
That's kinda what I was going for with my selection. My username, "Hokori" is Japanese for "Pride". The choice was inspired by the anime Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood where there are homunculi that represent each one of the seven deadly sins.
Robin is the #1 newcomer I wanted in the game, so my avatar combines the Tactician with a dark, villainous side like with Pride. Found it to be very fitting :)

Branching out is always something I'd recommend for anyone that considers themselves to be a "gamer" to do. It broadens your horizons and it's just an overall fantastic experience. On a side note, yeah, I loved Bowser's stumbling taunt myself :laugh:

DBZ will forever have my heart, as it was the very first one I watched as a kid. Naruto is pretty good, though I'm not into it as much anymore. I'm typically a fan of small-medium length anime/manga because it's really focused on the story, less filler and fan-service and some other reasons. And I agree, I could re-watch Clannad and Gurren Lagann anytime. Currently re-watching Black Lagoon though :awesome:

And yeah, definitely! You hold nice conversation from what I've gathered.

Ha ha, ol' @ Morbi Morbi is always lurking around and liking posts. Gotta love the guy.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn, I never knew that. Priiiiide! My name, Nietona, was based off the anime Shakugan no Shana, where Shana's blade is the Nietono no Shana. I added the a because I liked the sound of it more than Nietono. Also, people keep ringing my neck for not having seen FMA yet. I'll absolutely get around to that one eventually! And man, I was hyped as hell for Robin even though I've never played Awakening. S/he just seems super unique, and I was screaming when Lucina was revealed due to the end of Gematsu being expected. Go FE reps~!

I tried Megaman recently, and damn, if I didn't recognise the Yellow Devil before, I sure as hell do now. IT'S SO HARD. I can see why apparently Dr. Wily keeps making the damn thing. XD

You could probably exist on the realistic Call of Duty side of the Internet and you'd hear of DBZ. It's pretty iconic, and if I had to choose a big anime to watch it'd definitely be that one! I think the biggest anime I ever saw was Hayate... and the filler became so unbearable by the end that I still haven't seen the sequel. Clannad made me cry, though. Of course~! :cry:

I try! Talking with you is pretty fun! I don't mind cutting it short if we're not supposed to talk like this, but I doubt that's the case, so I don't mind anything, really~

Morbid, you sly dog. Liking all the posts. Morbid was the first user that left an impression on me when I started to read the Ridley thread, actually. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh damn, I never knew that. Priiiiide! My name, Nietona, was based off the anime Shakugan no Shana, where Shana's blade is the Nietono no Shana. I added the a because I liked the sound of it more than Nietono. Also, people keep ringing my neck for not having seen FMA yet. I'll absolutely get around to that one eventually! And man, I was hyped as hell for Robin even though I've never played Awakening. S/he just seems super unique, and I was screaming when Lucina was revealed due to the end of Gematsu being expected. Go FE reps~!

I tried Megaman recently, and damn, if I didn't recognise the Yellow Devil before, I sure as hell do now. IT'S SO HARD. I can see why apparently Dr. Wily keeps making the damn thing. XD

You could probably exist on the realistic Call of Duty side of the Internet and you'd hear of DBZ. It's pretty iconic, and if I had to choose a big anime to watch it'd definitely be that one! I think the biggest anime I ever saw was Hayate... and the filler became so unbearable by the end that I still haven't seen the sequel. Clannad made me cry, though. Of course~! :cry:

I try! Talking with you is pretty fun! I don't mind cutting it short if we're not supposed to talk like this, but I doubt that's the case, so I don't mind anything, really~

Morbid, you sly dog. Liking all the posts. Morbid was the first user that left an impression on me when I started to read the Ridley thread, actually. :p
That is always intriguing to hear. It never seems as though I would type up something compelling enough that would leave a lasting impression in fore-sight. However, I suppose that is the beauty of MorbidAltruism. It is always nice to meet a fellow Ridley supporter as we are a dying breed for the most part.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha ha, people tend to do that with the popular anime that are really just incredible. DBZ is the same. Although anime/manga like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are major, I really wouldn't get on to anyone if they haven't seen/read them. As for FMA, as long as you get to it eventually, it's all good :laugh:

As for Megaman's difficulty...oh boy, I loved it. I'm super fond of challenges, I pretty much always get a thrill from playing games at their hardest difficulty. If there aren't points of raging, it may not hold my attention.

Talking via this thread is fine, no rules against it at all, but probably better off friending each other.

It's always funny when I see people asking Morbid "Why do you like every post?". They're not complaining (since they're racking up likes, although they don't do anything :p), more so just curious. Idk, it just amuses me.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
That is always intriguing to hear. It never seems as though I would type up something compelling enough that would leave a lasting impression in fore-sight. However, I suppose that is the beauty of MorbidAltruism. It is always nice to meet a fellow Ridley supporter as we are a dying breed for the most part.
Well, if anything, you certainly leave an impact. I was impressed because you always seem to know what you're talking about, and unlike a lot of people that sound intelligent, you do make jokes and you can be pretty funny when it comes down to it. I just admired that. c:

Ha ha, people tend to do that with the popular anime that are really just incredible. DBZ is the same. Although anime/manga like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are major, I really wouldn't get on to anyone if they haven't seen/read them. As for FMA, as long as you get to it eventually, it's all good :laugh:

As for Megaman's difficulty...oh boy, I loved it. I'm super fond of challenges, I pretty much always get a thrill from playing games at their hardest difficulty. If there aren't points of raging, it may not hold my attention.

Talking via this thread is fine, no rules against it at all, but probably better off friending each other.

It's always funny when I see people asking Morbid "Why do you like every post?". They're not complaining (since they're racking up likes, although they don't do anything :p), more so just curious. Idk, it just amuses me.
The "Big Three" are widespread as anything! I watched a few Naruto episodes back when it came out, but dropped it when I stopped watching telly. Never picked it up again! And, that's been the reaction of so many people for me and FMA, lemme tell ya. I'll absolutely get around to it eventually XD

I agree! I was thrilled by Castlevania when I first tried it, and the difficulty keeps me going back. Especially when you know you can do it, and your failing is your own fault and not the game's. At the same time, every so often I love an adventure where basically you step on everything in sight, like going through an RPG again with your endgame stats. :laugh:

Wait, you can friend people on here? Uhh... I didn't even know you could do that! I'm gonna hunt around a bit for other profile options now~

I always assumed it was just his thing! And... I guess I'm not wrong! You truly are the MorbidAltruism of Happiness, Morbid. :awesome:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I agree! I was thrilled by Castlevania when I first tried it, and the difficulty keeps me going back. Especially when you know you can do it, and your failing is your own fault and not the game's. At the same time, every so often I love an adventure where basically you step on everything in sight, like going through an RPG again with your endgame stats. :laugh:

Wait, you can friend people on here? Uhh... I didn't even know you could do that! I'm gonna hunt around a bit for other profile options now~
Pretty much why I've always enjoyed Mario games. There are some points where it can be tough, (old school Mario games - certain levels, new school mario - 100% completion) but for the most part it's just all good fun, especially with friends. I really enjoyed playing Super Mario 3D World for example.

And yeah, you can send Friend Requests and "Follow" people. Like social media :p

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Blazblue <3
Birdo~! <3 My main in MK Wii.

But yeah, BlazBlue is easily alongside Metroid for my favourite video game franchise. I got LE Chronophantasma mailed from America and damn, was it a good decision. My only criticisms would be the writing and overall length of the story in CP, as well as adequate text/gameplay ratio.

Pretty much why I've always enjoyed Mario games. There are some points where it can be tough, (old school Mario games - certain levels, new school mario - 100% completion) but for the most part it's just all good fun, especially with friends. I really enjoyed playing Super Mario 3D World for example.

And yeah, you can send Friend Requests and "Follow" people. Like social media :p
I never completed Mario Bros. 3, but NSMB Wii was my favourite Mario ever. Being able to pick up my friends and lob them down a pit was so satisfying. And yes, before you ask, I am one of those people. :awesome:
I haven't really owned a Mario since then, actually. I just put more money into other franchises.

I didn't even know, man. I don't even know how to friend someone! I'll look it up tomorrow, if I feel like it after work. Work is pretty draining, and all.

Thank you for the warm welcome, also, everyone. c:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I didn't even know, man. I don't even know how to friend someone! I'll look it up tomorrow, if I feel like it after work. Work is pretty draining, and all.

Thank you for the warm welcome, also, everyone. c:
I'll save you the trouble since it's no biggie at all. You can either click on someone's name or visit their profile. Somewhere in the top-right corner, you should see options like "Follow" & "Friend". Click "Follow" to well, follow someone, and "Friend" to send a friend request. That's about all there is to it really.

And no problem :)

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
This forum has eluded me until now, and I think I'll visit here more often! After all, it's much more pleasant than the debate forums tearing themselves to pieces. This serenity of these topics are endearing to me...ahhhh...Oh! I didn't even say welcome! Well technically I just did. Oh nevermind...my presence is nothing of the gracious sort; pretend I was never here. :092:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
This forum has eluded me until now, and I think I'll visit here more often! After all, it's much more pleasant than the debate forums tearing themselves to pieces. This serenity of these topics are endearing to me...ahhhh...Oh! I didn't even say welcome! Well technically I just did. Oh nevermind...my presence is nothing of the gracious sort; pretend I was never here. :092:
Nonsense, it's always nice to have more people around here :) It used to bother me how this place used to be a ghost town :092::093::094:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
First person I've ever met other than me that even gave a crap about Birdo, let alone in Mario Kart. :awesome:

I'll save you the trouble since it's no biggie at all. You can either click on someone's name or visit their profile. Somewhere in the top-right corner, you should see options like "Follow" & "Friend". Click "Follow" to well, follow someone, and "Friend" to send a friend request. That's about all there is to it really.

And no problem :)
Ahh, thank you so much! I shall make use of this feature and shall... I'm sorry for asking, but I can't find it because I'm a knob! Let's say you were to have friend requests sent to you, where would you accept/decline/stare at them? uwu

Glad to see you used MY introduction topic as a statement thread! GAWD, the cheek of it all! Thank you, though, and I do wish you luck in the vicious bowels of the debate forums. :laugh:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ahh, thank you so much! I shall make use of this feature and shall... I'm sorry for asking, but I can't find it because I'm a knob! Let's say you were to have friend requests sent to you, where would you accept/decline/stare at them? uwu
If someone you sent you a friend request, you should receive an alert in the top-right corner of the page by your profile and mail icons.

You can click on someone's name in this thread. You should see options like "Profile Page", "Start a Conversation", "Friend" "Follow" and "Ignore". If you don't, then your account is broken :p

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
If someone you sent you a friend request, you should receive an alert in the top-right corner of the page by your profile and mail icons.

You can click on someone's name in this thread. You should see options like "Profile Page", "Start a Conversation", "Friend" "Follow" and "Ignore". If you don't, then your account is broken :p
Thank you! Just making sure for future notice~

My account ain't broken, I gave it a shot and now I'm social networkin'. Lotsa buttons~

At the very least, thank you for the warm welcome! It was lovely meeting you, and I'll undoubtedly see you around~

Top Bottom