• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever been in Spectator Mode and watched a match where the players all screw around and hardly kill each other during the match, and when it goes to Sudden Death they all just jump off the stage? I'm seeing this in a bunch of matches that I watch. Is there some SWF thing that I missed or are people just morons?

Pimpsta_Nsane

Smash Rookie
Has anyone ever been in Spectator Mode and watched a match where the players all screw around and hardly kill each other during the match, and when it goes to Sudden Death they all just jump off the stage? I'm seeing this in a bunch of matches that I watch. Is there some SWF thing that I missed or are people just morons?
That's very strange, becuase I've always thought Spectator Mode only viewed (Recorded) "With Anyone" battles.

The only explanation to this would be your Wii is being hacked by a bunch of special education class graduates that have nothing better to do than kill themselves on a video game.

Return your Wii, move to another state, get a new router (Let's not get WEP this time) and I think your Spectator Mode matches will be a little more "professional".

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
That actually makes a lot of sense to me (I'm not talking about the second post).

You are viewing a RECORDING. A replay. Replays are data, which are well, uh, replayed by the games. Its proven that they sometimes have flaws with certain actions and as a results, it gets "out of sync" out of what truly happens.

It only takes one bad action to get out of sync. When it happens, all other actions will still be done but at slightly different places, leading to more and more error and eventually the match is nothing alike.

Unless peoples are really that stupid sometimes, when that happened, you most likely are watching a replay that failed to replay properly.

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
Haha...I've read that somebody spectated a match with four Captain Falcons in it...they did nothing but taunt the entire time, and when it went into Sudden Death, they all hid from the Bob-ombs (it was in Hyrule Temple), and hardly any of them could get hit. Match lasted for half an hour.

I've seen the "kill yourself at Super Sudden Death" happen once or twice, but I think it's a little funny myself. I always figured they just had respect for their opponent, though what SFJake said is probably the case.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i saw one match with 3 kirbys and 1 samus. The kirbys stood in the middle of the screen and taunted in sync. It went to sudden death where the samus killed all 3 kirbys.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
I have not encountered this as of yet, but I would not be able to hold back from laughing the first time I saw it. Especially, if the whole thing is being setup to be a show instead of a brawl battle, then it could be fairly entertaining.

Though, I would be pretty upset if I kept running into this type of thing.

Edds

Smash Ace
saw one with 4 ganons they all taunted at the start and played like total crap during the match

yoda55

Smash Cadet
I seen a spectator match where falco called his teamates on the corneria stage and a kirby just sat there and watched him like the person who was kirby didnt want to mess falco up with his special move.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
in a "with anyone" match, i encountered a wario player who constantly taunted throughout the entire match. i soon joined him, and then a 3rd player was doing it too.

also, in a team battle, there was a jiggly puff who was just taunting. the next match, another person chose jiggly puff, then i did, and we just kept taunting.

sometimes i just run into really fun players, we sometimes do this mutual "just having fun, let's not fight" motion where we crouch up and down next to eachother.

silly, but refreshing! especially coming from "with anyone" mode!

Looper

Smash Journeyman
in a "with anyone" match, i encountered a wario player who constantly taunted throughout the entire match. i soon joined him, and then a 3rd player was doing it too.

also, in a team battle, there was a jiggly puff who was just taunting. the next match, another person chose jiggly puff, then i did, and we just kept taunting.

sometimes i just run into really fun players, we sometimes do this mutual "just having fun, let's not fight" motion where we crouch up and down next to eachother.

silly, but refreshing! especially coming from "with anyone" mode!

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
yea I seem to find a few of those. I've been in a few of those matches. first one starts taunting, then another. then finally I just give up and start taunting for a bit as well..... then I get back to beating the crap outta them.

But I've seen too many weird replays like. I usually put no vote if I see all 4 players as one character as its bound to be ********. Although I've run across one replay with all four players actually fighting each other and trying to win the match..... all of them Ike. XD

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
HAHAHA..i find that hilarious..too bad ive never seen one of them. Whats even more funny is if someone traps all 3 other players in a fan frenzy and no one manages to get out of it ..so funny

Top Bottom