• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, Mate!?

Cook

Smash Master
So, something very weird happened when I was playing online this morning. I was playing against a Falco on Jungle Japes. We were on the far right platform. He was hanging from the right edge of the platform. I was standing on the left side of the platform. He got off the edge. As he was standing there I grabbed him (yellow pikmin). The pikmin, like, teleported him under the platform (!!!) and dropped him in the water, where a klaptrap got him and he was unable to make it back (low percentage). Wtf? Has this happened to anyone else? If there was a way to do it consistently, then it would be a really awesome, though situational, technique. The match ended up lasting about 2:58; I would have been so mad if I hadn't been able to save the replay!

On a side-note: stage spiking with f-throw/b-throw on Japes is awesome and easy.

Fino

Smash Master
So, something very weird happened when I was playing online this morning. I was playing against a Falco on Jungle Japes. We were on the far right platform. He was hanging from the right edge of the platform. I was standing on the left side of the platform. He got off the edge. As he was standing there I grabbed him (yellow pikmin). The pikmin, like, teleported him under the platform (!!!) and dropped him in the water, where a klaptrap got him and he was unable to make it back (low percentage). Wtf? Has this happened to anyone else? If there was a way to do it consistently, then it would be a really awesome, though situational, technique. The match ended up lasting about 2:58; I would have been so mad if I hadn't been able to save the replay!

On a side-note: stage spiking with f-throw/b-throw on Japes is awesome and easy.
Unless you understand that you can simply hold up on your control stick... >_>
Japes is gay lol. At least rainbow cruise has SOMETHING! :bee:
EDIT: also... I don't understand what you mean. was he on the ledge, or was he standing on the platform begging to be grabbed when you grabbed him...?

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master

Unless you understand that you can simply hold up on your control stick... >_>
Japes is gay lol. At least rainbow cruise has SOMETHING! :bee:
EDIT: also... I don't understand what you mean. was he on the ledge, or was he standing on the platform begging to be grabbed when you grabbed him...?

~Fino
He had just gotten up off the ledge and I grabbed him, so he was standing before I grabbed him. He got off the ledge without jumping or attacking, just the regular get up animation, so I grabbed him as soon as he was standing normally.

And most people expect a d-throw with Olimar, right, so maybe they'll be DI'ing away, not up, and the stage spike will surprise them, since they didn't expect a b-throw or f-throw.

Fino

Smash Master
He had just gotten up off the ledge and I grabbed him, so he was standing before I grabbed him. He got off the ledge without jumping or attacking, just the regular get up animation, so I grabbed him as soon as he was standing normally.

And most people expect a d-throw with Olimar, right, so maybe they'll be DI'ing away, not up, and the stage spike will surprise them, since they didn't expect a b-throw or f-throw.
Trufax. olimar has mad throwing mind games...
I was playing arkive the other day, and I grab him with a purple... and he's at 110-120... so he starts trying to di to the right and I bthrow him XD. It's super effective (pokemon lulz).

~Fino

shanus

Smash Hero
it sounds like you might have grabbed him before he was totally up from the ledge and stagepulled him. Stagepulling = epic throw kills. I have 2-3 vids of stagepulling kills :D

Cook

Smash Master
it sounds like you might have grabbed him before he was totally up from the ledge and stagepulled him. Stagepulling = epic throw kills. I have 2-3 vids of stagepulling kills :D
Just watched it twice again. He was definitely all the way on the stage before I grabbed him. He actually spot-dodged and I grabbed him as he was coming out of it.

He was also at zero percent when I grabbed him --- zero to death combo! Also, at one point in the match a yellow pikmin ends up trapped beneath the center platform. I'm on the center platform, so he keeps jumping up to be reunited with me, but obviously he can't go through the platform; eventually a klaptrap gets him. It was funny. Ha ha ha.

Cook

Smash Master
Ok, I kinda figured out what happened and how to do it. Have Falco stand at the right edge of the right platform and Olimar at the left edge. You need to then hit grab with Olimar and almost immediately spotdodge with Falco after grabbing. After Falco comes out of the spotdodge the pikmin will grab him, but for some reason it will also push him forward a bit. Since he is right by the edge it pushes him off, and since the platform is so thin he drops just enough below it before the pikmin pulls him to Captain Olimar he slides under the platform and gets stuck, then the pikmin drops him. I tried it on the center platform as well. The grab will push him off the edge, but since the platform is thicker he doesn't slide under it; instead, the pikmin just pulls him back like normal.

At any rate, it looks like this won't be practical at all, unless someone can figure something else out, because the necessary conditions are too precise. Anyway, try it out in practice mode, because it's kinda funny.

Cook

Smash Master
Vid?

~Fino
It's only on my SD card, and I was told there's no way to get that on the internet. I guess I could make another video now that I know how to do it, but I don't have any way to make one. If you come to Columbia next weekend I'll show you what happened.

Fino

Smash Master
It's only on my SD card, and I was told there's no way to get that on the internet. I guess I could make another video now that I know how to do it, but I don't have any way to make one. If you come to Columbia next weekend I'll show you what happened.
if you send me the file from your SD card I could get it up

~Fino

Top Bottom