• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wrong impression about chain grab...

Zelopast

Smash Rookie
So I got it down (on the computer that is). I was think that the chain grab was not escapable with the characters that it works with but it is. Is it that I'm not doing it fast enough? Or is it escapable depending how fast the opponent can dodge/dash out of it.

EDIT
Sorry I didn't explain about how I can do it to the computer but then when I face my friends they are always able to escape it.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
His chaingrab is not escapable on certain characters if you do it right, but not every guy can be chaingrabbed or are harder to (like luigi) Just keep trying, youll get it down sooner or later.

Zelopast

Smash Rookie
I think I may have just got it. I just have to input the button combination fast like Akuma's Raging Dragon move in Street Fighter. I think I got it down. Now to practice his air game.

Covenant

Smash Rookie
There's a different between the Infinite Grab and the Chain-Grab. The chain grab is also very effected by DI and terrain, so a small guy who bounces far may be nearly impossible to chain normally, but if the terrain is all messy then you have no hope. But on FD you should be able to get off a few chains easily--even Metaknight can chain there using the shieldcancel grab. Just remember to bop them with your head occasionally, to keep the moves fresh.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Are you using regular dashing grabs, or dashing shield grabs? The latter has MUCH more range-- use that.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
Are you using regular dashing grabs, or dashing shield grabs? The latter has MUCH more range-- use that.
do this, and then double jab when you grab (probably won't work until higher %, just do 1 jab till about 80%). i watched this video showing how after the 5th grab, hit decay will mess it up and they won't have the right trajectory, but if you keep double jabbing then you can do it until you mess up.

but yea, by then they can DI out of it more easily. but that's why it's called chain grab, and not infinite grab.

Top Bottom