• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow. Young Link seems like he got nerfed for no reason. :(

Laijin

Smash Hero
I watched one gameplay video of him and I immediately noticed the following:

-Even smaller range than before(wtf? His range was already crap. Why shorten it even more?)
-His projectiles are nerfed
-He looks slower
-His up-B goes up even less

Wow.
Made a bad character even worst. Great job guys.

I could be wrong on a lot of things, but this is just from my immediate observations of watching ONE video.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
Honestly, as a young link mainer in Melee, the range was never a problem for me. Granted, many times I found myself wishing my blade was not so stubby, but because of his short range but quick speed I was able to combo much easier with him. The only issue I ever had was actually finding good finishers. Racking up the damage was easy. Remember that the overall speed of this game is supposed to be a bit slower than Melee, although the gameplay itself seems to be at a much faster pace (in otherwords animations are slower, but possibilities for combos and techs seems higher), so it may just be that he appears slower. We'll see, but I for one am not worried about young link. I am almost certain he will give me what I need ;).

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
He floats like some hovecraft :p His Up-B is gr8 how can u complain about it Laijin? Have u seen how he floats when he faces Ganondorf? He can jump a regular jump out of the stage the return on a double jump like hugely floating back. as for his speed I think it's improved some but the real gr8 thing is his arrows, did u notice he doesn't have to charge them? He just fires them righ away in a straight line. It's awesome because then he won't have the same trouble with the bow range as Young Link had in Melee.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
I feel like he will be one of the strongest characters in the game. Also his bombs explode all Wind Waker-like, which is awesome.

Trunkin

Smash Rookie
Toon Link looks awesome imo, he looks way faster, and the way he slams down with his v arial is cool, and his range looks better to me also. Fuzzy4, I usually use his down smash as a finisher and it annoys the heck out of my opponents. I'll definately be using him often.

err

Smash Journeyman
[Q] Young Link seems like he got nerfed for no reason [/Q]

yea but at least the gdorf matchup is WAAAAY in our favor this time.

eat it chaddd

Hejiru

Smash Ace
You're right Young Link really got nerfed. He got nerfed so much HE ISNT EVEN IN BRAWL.

Toon Link =/= Young Link.

Top Bottom