• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow...Tery made a team!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@ Focus Sash
Timid / Natural Cure
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Sp Def
~Energy Ball
~Hidden Power {Fire}
~Sleep Powder
~Toxic Spikes
My lead. Puts the foe to sleep, sets up Toxic Spikes, then swaps out or attacks. Energy Ball for STAB and HP Fire for Steel types like Skarmory and Bronzong.

@ Lefties
Timid / Flash Fire
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
~Hypnosis
~Energy Ball
~Flamethrower
~Nasty Plot
Ninetales eats up the Flamethrowers thrown at Roserade. Sets the opponent asleep, Nasty Plot, then sweep. I may consider Fire Blast.

@ Lefties
Jolly / Torrent
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Def
~Waterfall / Aqua Tail
~Dragon Dance
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
Standard DDGatr. Ice Punch for Grass and Dragon types, EQ for Electric types, and Waterfall for STAB.

@ Lefties
Jolly / Motor Drive
~Cross Chop
~Thunderbolt / Thunderpunch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
Takes the Thunderbolts from Feraligatr and sweeps. I threw in Thunderbolt for Skarmory.

@ Lefties
Impish / Sand Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang
~Roost / Taunt
~Knock Off / Stealth Rock
My support. Can set up Stealth Rock, Knock Off the opponent's item, attack with EQ and Ice Fang. Roost to recover and Taunt to well...taunt.

@ Lefties
Bold / Levitate
252 Def / 236 Sp Atk / 22 HP
~Thunder Wave / Calm Mind
~Charge Beam / Psychic
~Ice Beam
~Moonlight
Cresselia is wonderful. Paralyze them, switch out if needed. Charge Beam to increase Sp Atk. Ice Beam for coverage. Moonlight to recover.

I know that an Electivire running Fire Punch, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, and Ice Punch ruins my team. But I made this team so help improve my prediction skills.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ter

PeliQ-^

Smash Cadet
Wow... This team is just too standard to rate, but im gonna say sumthing about items. Why you use so many leftovers? Go with expert belt on 'Vire, and if you use Fire Blast on Ninetales, I succest Wide Lens as for item. Life Orb on Fera is an option. Also. If you have Toxic Spikes down(and even without), Scarf Hera is gonna OHKO 5/6 of ur team members. Use this Glisgor to stop Hera.

Impish / Sand Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang
~Roost
~Aerial Ace

Also I would use Leaf Storm on Rosenade over Energy Ball just because she's just too fragile.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Terywj said:
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid / Natural Cure
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Sp Def
~Grass Knot
~Hidden Power {Fire}
~Sleep Powder
~Toxic Spikes
My lead. Puts the foe to sleep, sets up Toxic Spikes, then swaps out or attacks. Energy Ball for STAB and HP Fire for Steel types like Skarmory and Bronzong.
Grass Knot is superior in most situations, especially in OU. Gengar can put you to sleep before you can. I don't see much strategy in letting Gengar put you to sleep, switching out to let Natural Cure activate, then letting Gengar put your switch-in to sleep. Did you notice that nothing in your team outruns Gengar? Your HP (Fire) just scrapes a 3hko on Bronzong, which means it'll inevitably be able to put you to sleep (barring a miss) and throw rocks on the field. Lead Infernapes have tons of tricks at their disposal to beat you. Taunt leads ruin your fun early. You have some leads covered, but the faster ones will usually walk all over you.
Terywj said:
Ninetales @ Life Orb/Wide Lens
Timid / Flash Fire
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
~Hypnosis
~Energy Ball
~Fire Blast
~Nasty Plot
Ninetales eats up the Flamethrowers thrown at Roserade. Sets the opponent asleep, Nasty Plot, then sweep. I may considerwill use Fire Blast.
Fire Blast is almost required. Ninetails doesn't have that much SpA to begin with. The extra firepower (pun not intended) will allow you to 2hko Bronzong and Celebi. Bronzong takes a bit less damage due to extra durability, but Celebi will just Recover off the damage if you do too little. The extra power will also let you put a bigger dent in those that can take a fire attack. Lefties aren't that helpful. You'll want Wide Lens or Life Orb. You're Heatran bait, so you might want to plan ahead for that.
Terywj said:
Feraligatr @ Salac Berry
Jolly / Torrent
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
~Waterfall / Aqua Tail
~Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
~Ice Punch / Substitute
~Earthquake / Focus Punch
Standard DDGatr. Ice Punch for Grass and Dragon types, EQ for Electric types, and Waterfall for STAB.
This is essentially the same thing as DD Gyara. Gyara will undoubtedly perform better than Feraligatr. Instead, you may want to try a set that utilizes what other Pokes can't do, or at least not as effectively. Return and Crunch are also good choices for the bottom two moveslots. I do personally like using Aqua Tail especially on my DD Gyara because of the extra damage. I'm not sure how much more damage Gatr can do with a change in 15 Base Power after STAB. If it changes 3hkos into 2hkos or 2hkos into ohkos, that would be much worth it. 90 accuracy isn't all that bad either.
Terywj said:
Electivire @ Lefties
Jolly / Motor Drive
~Cross Chop
~Thunderbolt / Thunderpunch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
Takes the Thunderbolts from Feraligatr and sweeps. I threw in Thunderbolt for Skarmory.
Here's a good EV spread for a mixed Vire, though you could probably find this on your own since it's one of those "magic number" spreads: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe. Feel free to change Atk with SpA if you'd like, just remember to change the nature along with it. 188 Spe is also a good number to shoot for, outspeeding max Spe, neutral natured base 100s. Flamethrower can also add great coverage to your moves. Personally, I would put it over Cross Chop since everyone expects you to carry it. Life Orb is necessary to optimize your damage output. Everyone thinks they're safe from Vire if they avoid Expert Belt...
Terywj said:
Gliscor @ Lefties
Impish / Sand Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang
~Roost / Taunt
~Knock Off / Stealth Rock
My support. Can set up Stealth Rock, Knock Off the opponent's item, attack with EQ and Ice Fang. Roost to recover and Taunt to well...taunt.
Generic blah blah blah... moving on. Just choose between one or the other, okay honey?
Terywj said:
Cresselia @ Lefties
Bold / Levitate
252 Def / 236 Sp Atk / 22 HP
~Thunder Wave / Calm Mind
~Charge Beam / Psychic
~Ice Beam
~Moonlight
Cresselia is wonderful. Paralyze them, switch out if needed. Charge Beam to increase Sp Atk. Ice Beam for coverage. Moonlight to recover.
Go with Calm Mind and Psychic. You should already have Toxic Spikes spreading Poison. So the only things you need to worry about are Steel types, Levitaters, and Flying types. The rest of your team already has good coverage on those threats. If you go with Calm Mind, make sure you use a Modest nature.
Terywj said:
I know that an Electivire running Fire Punch, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, and Ice Punch ruins my team. But I made this team so help improve my prediction skills.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ter
I see two physical walls and no special walls. Maybe you can use a Cresselia with balanced defenses. Leftovers on everything isn't necessarily bad, since Roserade doesn't do much to stop SR from coming out. You're a tiiiny bit Ice-weak, but that's about it. The fastest Pokemon on your team is Ninetales, or Gatr with a speed boost. You're going to get outsped A LOT. You might want to squeeze a scarfer or something faster in this team. Pretty average team I'd say. 4/10 No, this isn't a failing grade. It's just a little too easy to predict and your lead doesn't really get the jump on common OU threats. Your center strategy can be foiled easily if your foe knows what's coming.

Top Bottom