• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow. Sheik got nerfed, huh?

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can't believe sheik got nerfed. It really makes me mad that she's only 99.9x faster and more powerful than the other characters instead of 100x before.

Seriously, what are you guys thinking? You say he got nerfed, but I see a Sheik that retained her speed from Melee, in a game where most's speeds were dumbed down.

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
It's not really about speed. If you can't KO people, you're basically screwed. Priority and knockback has been nerfed hardcore. comboing is difficult unless you utilize the degenerated knockback. In fact, Sheik's speed is probably one of the only things that is compensating for her nerfs in aerials and projectiles. She is still okay, and can be quite good. I still like her. She's just not as good as she was in Melee. But what can I say, that's only my impressions from playing Brawl for 4 days.

Tether recovery and wall cling is sweet.

Elidibus

Smash Cadet
Sheik may have been nerfed alot, but that doesn't mean she isn't awesome. I still think she's pretty awesome. I know her F-air was nerfed almost as badly as peaches D-smash (no, no move was nerfed that bad) But don't forget, your Fsmashes kill now. And they're as fast as ever.

But i think the real issue with her nerfing may not be her moves, but the game physics. We could all combo the heck out of spacies in melee because they were fastfallers and such. But with the new game physics, we can't D-throw, up tilt F-air our way to victory any more.

She still has her godly U-air, though. And that KOs very well.

Not as awesome, but if we still had the old game physics, even with the nerfs, i think Sheik would still be top tier.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Yeah I can't believe sheik got nerfed. It really makes me mad that she's only 99.9x faster and more powerful than the other characters instead of 100x before.

Seriously, what are you guys thinking? You say he got nerfed, but I see a Sheik that retained her speed from Melee, in a game where most's speeds were dumbed down.
Faster, sure but more powerful? How exactly? She has a ****ty priority, low range (MK outranges you in both air and ground, same goes with ness, etcetc), she lost her grab combos, her moves have generally less knockback and killing power except for Fsmash (which can be easily DI-ed out of), Up+B (not reliable) and Up-smash (really powerful, **** range). I've been playing online a lot, and I could never get kills under 150%, at which point you can use Fair which is easier to land. How bout actually trying to play the character against the rest of the cast before making stupid statements. She is far from being as good as she was. And when the rest of the cast can kill you easily under 130%, it gets frustrating, fast.

Falzc0

Smash Rookie
Maybe Zelda switching is a more viable tactic now? Sure, I've never been to tournies but from what I'm seeing, even if Sheik got nerfed, Zelda got considerably buffed, making Zelda/Sheik switches more considerable.

RaMiNsAr

Smash Rookie
I actually like the fact that she got a bit nerfed, now I won't have to play Sheik Mirror Matches in tournaments, lol

Top Bottom