• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, I'm asking Link players b/c I have not found a way to beat this...

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm a fox user and I was just wondering if you guys know any ways to get out of link's dtilt->dtilt rinse/repeat combo. It's sooo annoying, and I feel like I can't do anything about it.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
i was never aware link players even attempted his Dtilt for a combo.... i suppose i can tell you how to prevent it.

any of these will help

1. Light shield

2. SHFFL your arials into JCed shines (if you mess up you can be easily punished by a fairly strong grab combo if yer at 40% or higher.)

3. Smash DI away from link when he hits you

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Who here would start a combo off using the Dtilt while fighting fox. I sure don't. Give a fox an inch and they'll take you off the stage

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I think I still stand pretty much alone in the uses dtilt effectively catagory. lol.

But I only use it when my opponent is on the ground and rarely to never use it against a Fox. So, from one of the few people who even use it, I'll tell you that it's easiest to get out of if you tech roll. But otherwise you're bound to get hit by it if you don't and if the Link player knows how to use it properly.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I down tilt combo too but not against a fox. One of the combo's I use is the up throw, up tilt, down tilt(or was it the down smash).

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
I down tilt combo too but not against a fox. One of the combo's I use is the up throw, up tilt, down tilt(or was it the down smash).
its too bad that combo requires terrible DI by your opponent to work... i landed it on my friend in my first combo vid. (its a little different)

Uthrow>Utilt>Dsmash>DashAttack>UpB

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
its too bad that combo requires terrible DI by your opponent to work... i landed it on my friend in my first combo vid. (its a little different)

Uthrow>Utilt>Dsmash>DashAttack>UpB
Yeah, you can just DI downwards and press L to easily get out of the move. So it's better short hop the hylian kick and then the Dair

Zarelid

Smash Lord
yeah plus I started usin down tilt after playin Zelda 2 cause you gotta down tilt alot in that game LOL that **** got me down tiltin then i just been stickin with it

Top Bottom