• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow gamestop nice trophy!

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
That looks absolutely horrible. I can only hope that each store gets a different trophy, each being one of the trophies in game.

Note, I said hope. I know this has a maybe 0.01% chance of happening due to the price it would cost to make that many unique tophies, vs mass produces a single one.

*Edit* Upon looking at it again, that looks like some random wrestling trophy that either had another plate label put on it or it was photoshopped to mention Smash Bros**

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
Ha! I find this funny because I'm on the wrestling team at school.
Also, where is the gamestop that this was taken at? It looks JUST like the one ive preordered at.

Vampire_Marth

Smash Cadet
That looks absolutely horrible. I can only hope that each store gets a different trophy, each being one of the trophies in game.

Note, I said hope. I know this has a maybe 0.01% chance of happening due to the price it would cost to make that many unique tophies, vs mass produces a single one.

*Edit* Upon looking at it again, that looks like some random wrestling trophy that either had another plate label put on it or it was photoshopped to mention Smash Bros**
unfortuantley they are the same.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having it though you know. . . ya they could have done better with it but yeah its like a little thing saying that you won a tournament you know . . . but yeah it's ugly.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Ha! I find this funny because I'm on the wrestling team at school.
Also, where is the gamestop that this was taken at? It looks JUST like the one ive preordered at.
no offense but truly almost all gamestops look identical, its basically a mandated store layout

on topic, it doesn't really matter what the trophy looks like, its what it represents thats important

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
so.. If you win the gamestop tournament, you get a golden man with tight clothing ready to play happy grab ass?
Guess it makes sense

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
no offense but truly almost all gamestops look identical, its basically a mandated store layout

on topic, it doesn't really matter what the trophy looks like, its what it represents thats important
yeah but, the games are all in the same position. Like, the guitars are right by the door, a few of the games are in the same spot as when i went yesterday.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That has to be the saddest, most innapropriate trophy ever. It's like they took a random design, threw it in, then added the ingraving. Lame.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I posted this a while ago asking for confirmation if it was real or not. Looks like it IS real...

Is this some kind of joke? Why would they have a wrestling trophy instead of a SMASH BROTHERS trophy? Honestly, if I win, it'll be pretty insulting to get such a trophy. I'd rather take a giftcard, even if it was stupidly low like $10.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Woah, where do you live? Your Gamestop looks exactly like mine. Right down to the "Power to the Players" gift card stand.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know where the thread about gamestop tournament rules are at?
Just go to the main gamestop website, everything you need to know is there.

And about the trophy...yea, I checked it out at the gamestop near my apartment yesterday, can't say that picture makes it look any better except the one I saw was silver and didn't have the hint of gold lol.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
so.. If you win the gamestop tournament, you get a golden man with tight clothing ready to play happy grab ass?
Guess it makes sense
Rofl that's the trophy? I didn't understand why someone put up a picture of a golden man lol. Why the heck is a golden wrestling trophy the prize for winning the tournament. Even if I won that tournament, I still wouldn't want to get that ugly trophy.:chuckle:

Top Bottom