• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wow big 10 is a weak conferance.... wtf.... i feel so like wtf.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I go to the U of Minnesota...the school that lost to Texas Tech in overtime. Minnesota was winning by 31 in the third quarter!!!! Minnesota allowed the biggest comeback in D-1 bowl game history.

Yeah Big Ten is weak :crying:

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Big 10 is completely terrible, but everyone should of known they were overated, especially ohio state i dont think anyone actually expected them to contend with an s.e.c team

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hmmm...while I wholeheartedly agree, I think this topic must at least move elsewhere, though it has a Midwest feel to it. I wonder where all of the OSU guys are today? The righteousness of Watty has yet to strike. I can get away with it because Notre Dame sucks again too, at least for another year.

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah everyone on campus is depressed as hell today

why troy why?

dont talk to watty for a week at least, or you will probably die

Watty

Smash Lord
man you guys dont know how seriously i take football not a good subject drephen is correct. but here is some ****.

Florida did win, im not gonna use the lay off thing as a reason. Oline was terrible D was terrible, troy was bad, but it wasnt all his fault he was pressured.

Juss remember what ted ginn did b4 he got hurt 1 play = 1 touchdown. if he was in the game it woulda been completely diffrent. For some nubs who wouldnt know why i shall explain, he is are number 1 WR and its not cause he would catch the ball alot that he would make a diffrence, because he wasnt in the game the whole team had to adjust. Gonzo had to be the number 1 receiver something he was not ready for, Florida got ot crowd the line because we couldnt get a passing game going so that stopped the run.

They won GG 2 them but they are NOT as good as what was shown. We played like **** there D is not that good, are offense is not bad, are D is nto bad. We played bad. They do nto have a breakout WR or RB yet we played so bad it looked as if they did. GG to them on that day they 1. Could they do it again when we are both playing well. No not a snow balls chance in hell

btw big ten had an off yr. Next year Michigan, Osu, Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue, and Penn State will all be much better.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
S.E.C. is just a tougher conference. We played (Arkansas) 7 top 25 teams this season. Florida just had more practice at playing better teams. Ohio was like "wtf, these guys are good?!"

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
thats exactly it, s.e.c is used to better competition and the s.e.c teams are all known for their fast and responsive defenses...Ohio state had a pretty cake schedule when looking back and they were all hyped up on talks of glory and were not ready to take care of the task that was before them. Ohio state was very overated, theyre defense isnt fast...and doesnt play 4 quarters..their recieving game fell apart as soon as their savuir teddy got hurt, who btw isnt that good of a reciever..his hands are mediocre and speed isnt everything. They ran one of the worst zone defenses ive ever seen..one that chris leak easily picked apart as most knew he would since he is in my opinion much better than troy smith. Ohio state was out coached badly and they underated Florida...and it cost them the national championship. But...honeslty..to Watty from one football enthusiast to another: or to anyone else for that matter...did you honestly think they could stop Florida's front four...did you see florida line play prior to yesterday....well now you have...they are monsters. Ending note.. osu was a let down...not surprisingly

Watty

Smash Lord
penn state beat Tennessee
wisconsin beat the Arkansas

top cat its not that Teddy Ginn is an amazing receiver. Its that he makes the defense think so with him out they can put more coverage on Gonzo, and crowd the line b4. Are Oline is 1 of the best in the country so no i did not expect Floridas front 4 to do what they did. Did u see hte kickoff? Teddy Ginn is a game changer thats what he is used for.

look at past bowl games for OSU in them ginn is used for trick plays and diversion, something so by him going out htere whole plan was shot. Lima Sweed a first round WR from texas did **** to us, we controlled mannighom, breaston from Michigan. We dealt with Lamar Woodley from Michigan the top DE in college football. We played in Iowa b4 they fell apart, we played at Texas something that is hard for anybody.

Chris Leak is not Troy Smith we made him look like Troy though. Florida has a sub par running game and average WR we made them look amazing though. We did underestimate Florida and on Monday they where better than us. But i refuse to believe it was because the sec is a super confernce like every1 says. They juss like every1 else have years where there teams are up and years where there teams are down skill wise.

even with the losses we will have 3 teams in the top 10 and possibly 2 in the top 5.

to say we where overrated is bull **** Florida came in underrated yes and we underestimated them but you give OSU 1 more shot at it which i know they wont get and it would be diffrent if ginn was on the field. In 1 play he scored on u as if u where standing still. stfu top cat u are in over ur head, also motha ****a you lose all credibility by saying leak is better than troy, he was better on that night yes but to say hes better makes u a moron. troy was never being called out by the fans for a rookie QB. b4 the game even the florida coaches said it would be because tebow that they would win. it wasnt be for a coach to say that it shows real trust in a QB, the florida coaches knew what to expcet from Leak, they got lucky and got him on a day that he will never have again in his career.

gg to florida though they where better that day...

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
penn state beat Tennessee
wisconsin beat the Arkansas
LSU Crushed ND.
And yes, Ohio was over rated. Just look at the only "hard" team they played. Mich got destroyed.
Arkansas is having kicker/quarterback/head coach problems, not to mention all the injuries. We should of done better but we sucked it up. Yeah...
Either way SEC still takes the title.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
LSU crushed ND, who had absolutely no business being in a BCS game. Hell, Boise State would have beaten ND by 20.

Would it even be a question which conference is stronger if OSU beats Florida (which they would do 7 times out of 10 if Ginn isn't hurt)? You can deny that Wisconsin, even with almost no offense in the 2nd half, and Arkansas starting inside the UW 50 4 possessions in a row didn't dominate the Razorbacks. 0 points on 4 drives with a very short field.

Similarly, who gave any credit whatsoever to PSU? They took down a heavily favored Tennessee team and showed that they were almost as good as they were ranked in the preseason.

I strongly believe that LSU was the best team in the SEC, and I will stick to my guns on that. They had far and away the toughest schedule as far as which games were played where. Almost every big game they played was on the road. There's only so much you can do.

While we're at it, I may as well play some devil's advocate. Why not have Boise as the #1? They're the only undefeated team in the nation.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
jesus top cat, get the **** outta ohio if your gonna talk like that
Im from florida, and im a georgia fan so i have s.e.c vs osu talks all the time so im sorry i still stand by what i said.

and watty, thats what im saying...dealing with players from michigan, iowa, and texas(a week as texas team...they played what like week 2??) and a michigan team that also played no one hard....they played one good team which was osu and lost...and i dnt want to hear notre dame...dealing with those players doesnt make your defense good. Those players are not florida players and are not s.e.c players and yes compared to the rest of the ncaa conferences s.e.c is a power conference...with teams like auburn, florida, georgia, arkansas, tennessee, lsu, alabama and a couple others who are consistently every year in the ranks of the top 25 rankings they are and have been the best conference for a second now. The big 10 played a terrible schedule and everyone knows that...the s.e.c teams just playing in conference has a harder schedule than big 10 teams do. Also about chris leak, he was extremely underated but is an extremely good quarterback and him being better than troy is my opinion...it doesnt have to be yours...he came to play in a big game and exposed osu when they slipped up on the games biggest level, and that to him makes me a better quarterback. I dnt wanna hear troy had no time...no johnz son...then get some better blocking schemes. And...im glad you didnt say anything about the lay-off because thats ridiculous when fans make stupid excuses like that it just kills their already dwindling case

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
While we're at it, I may as well play some devil's advocate. Why not have Boise as the #1? They're the only undefeated team in the nation.
Goes back to the whole "who did they play?" thing. Not enough ranked teams, and they never really dominated a team. (points and stats)

If you watched the Ark game then Im sure you will agree with me. I think we should of just let our defence play the entire game. They were the only players out there putting 100%. (other then Felix) McFadden has suffered with out his key blocker (Payton Hillis), plus the fact our coach blows.......

Watty

Smash Lord
look at the pac 10 a few yrs ago, it was terrible yet USC was considered the best. SEC people are idiots you all are like omg we are the SEC we are ba cause we play in the SEC. ya got 12 ****ing teams in it im glad some of em are good. we beat big ten beat 2 of em. tennessee and arkansas so apparently its not that big of a deal.

no1 but u stupid sec people doubted that OSU should be number 1. it was never a question because we proved that we shoulda been. and even if are schedule was weaker this year we went undefeated.

chris leak had 1 good game troy smith had 1 good career. he lost i dunno off hte top of my head i will say twice as a starter. chris leak was not up for t he heisman. brady quinn was brought up rofl to that but not leak. at the combine he will prove that smith is better.

this is what troy will show

arm like a canon, can get outta the pocket, stays calm under pressure, mobile, shows poise, confidence, smart.

they said it during the game leak movs like troy but throws like chad pennington. 1 good game does not make u a better qb than some1 whos had an amazing career. thats like some1 is better than ken if they beat him in 1 tourny. **** outta here

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
You really need to work on your sentence structuring.

No one is saying Leak is a better QB. Hands down Smith is the better man, but Troy could not do it all by himself. There for Florida is the better TEAM.

The only reason we "stupid SEC people" thought we would win is because we knew what we were up against. I believe if LSU had went, OSU would have looked worse then they already did.

Watty

Smash Lord
JC with the grammar **** again. you people arent worth it

you where up against hte numbre 1 team in the country, who underestimated you, and was also without there number 1 wide receiver, who got the ball once and scored. if he was in story woulda been diffrent. nough said, he wasnt we lost gg to you. I juss hate u SEC people who think ur all that. your not get ova urself.

we will contend next year, just like you will. this si the last time im coming to this thread its ova with im moving on to bball

AS Money

Smash Lord
ahh bball the only sport Michigan St. is good at and for michigan when will people get over the fab 5 i mean come on its been a few years hasn't it

Zicore

Smash Champion
I am just coming to this...and after reading it...I agree with both sides.

I am a badger fan. I don't know all of the names and stuff about it, so please, bear with me.

The badters are a good team.They have a really strong overall team, plus they are loseing only about 2-3 starters. Sure, one is the Stacco...but I think that the backup is gonna do fine.

But the game between Ohio St. and Florida was all hype. Yes, OSU was number one...but come on...they didn't have THAT tough of a schedual. I am not saying Wisconsin did, but I think it would have been close if OSU played UW. I mean, Michigan didn't beat us by that much. And they only lost to them by 3.

But I also think that Watty is right with the fact that the S.E.C. is NOT the best confrence. The Big Ten is because we had THREE teams that should have been in Championship games, but UW couldn't because only 2 teams are allowed per confrence. UW beat Arkansas, and Penn State beat Tenn.

As for Boise State, I don't think they should have been #1. They didn't have a tough enough schedual to be #1. OSU didn't have THAT hard of a schedual, but at least they played Texas (when they were number 2) and Michigan (who was ALSO number 2).

But I will agree that LSU and Florida did have REALLY REALLY hard scheduals. And Florida did deserve to win the championship.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
as a closing statement...we "sec" people, who seem to be...me and viewtiful....think we are so good is because we are...when your exposed to a high level of excellence...its hard not to get a big head, but no johnz...your right..next year is a new year...and this year wont matter...we will see then....

and to z...stfu dont come in here late...saying ridiculous things like you should of had 3 teams...in..wisconsin played...michigan..that was it and lost...dont get me started on them..lets just drop it

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I'm born and raised Wisconsin fan, and I know for a fact we did not deserve a chance at the national championship. We lost to Michigan by 14, and they were the only ranked (at the time we played them) team we played this season, excluding Arkansas. That's like saying Boise State should have gotten the championship bid. Sure they were undefeated, but they didn't beat anyone. They, like UW, needed to prove they could beat a legitimate team, and then they would be given a shot.

Next year, Wisconsin (who returns 16 starters, is getting the #1 RB prospect, and has a stud quarterback transferring from KSU) vs. Boise St. (who is returning pretty much everyone but Zabransky) in the national championship.

EDIT: Not really, it'll be Michigan vs. USC again.

Zicore

Smash Champion
as a closing statement...we "sec" people, who seem to be...me and viewtiful....think we are so good is because we are...when your exposed to a high level of excellence...its hard not to get a big head, but no johnz...your right..next year is a new year...and this year wont matter...we will see then....

and to z...stfu dont come in here late...saying ridiculous things like you should of had 3 teams...in..wisconsin played...michigan..that was it and lost...dont get me started on them..lets just drop it

Trust me, I am not saying that the Badgers should have been in the Championship game. Far from it. I know that they didn't have a tough schedual at ALL. Neither did Boise State. All I am saying is that we have a good team. I understand that we lost to a better Michigan team, but we still played a good season. And next year will be better.

I am just wondering though, as I don't know the answer to this question...is it possible for 2 teams in the same confrence to play eachother for the National Championship? Because if so, then LSU and Florida should have this year. OSU was WAY overrated. They didn't have that tough of a schedual, and all they had was Ted Ginn and Troy Smith...again...imo.

Top Bottom