• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you want Brawl to be Delayed until December if it meant...

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Characters such as Ridley cannot be PC anymore...

But if I had to wait until December, just to see more characters, YES. I would.

...And more awesome soundtrack... I WANT AN MP3 OF FINAL DESTINATION (SSBB Version) NOW! D:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Whoa, that's a tough one.

Let's say that I wait until December or pay $100 and they add...like...8 new movesets to the game. I would PROBABLY only play two of those characters frequently. That really doesn't add up to $50, but I would probably still do the wait because it's been delayed too many times for me to care about one more.

IMHO I would only pay $50 to get revamped gameplay features - a better Stage Builder, more than 4 characters in one Brawl at once, better AI, and simply more things to do with the characters.

HOWEVER, if this would clearly be the last Smash game (and it won't - Koei is living proof of how to take a good action franchise and get your money's worth) then I would wait and pay for better features.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If Isaac was there...Well, either way, I'd accept the delay if those characters got in. And, they HAD to have taken out Wolf lol.

Seriously, I look at the roster and I feel a bit depressed. If Wolf, Falco, Ganondorf, and Toon Link had their own movesets I would have been MUCH more accepting!

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
If this is actually going to be the final smash game, I would be willing to wait several more years and shell out multi hundred dollars in order to get a balanced roster with 60+ characters.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
If they did that + made every single character have an orginal moveset, then yes, I would be fine with a delay...

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
i wouldnt mind, but they would have to add more characters than just those that you mentioned. i would need to see this roster:

plus Megaman. if we got all that, i wouldnt mind another delay. ive got other games to play in the meantime (luckily i dont own just a Wii or id have nothing else to play:laugh:).

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
No, we've been waiting far too long for this game. I don't even like any of those characters. At this point Nintendo doesn't have to do anything; if you are not an idiot, you're still buying this game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No. Never.

As much as I love K. Rool and want him in the game, I would not wait almost another year for the game. Weve got 33 days. I will NOT wait 365 more. I will NOT.

okor

Smash Apprentice
No.

There are plenty of good characters now, we don't need to wait even longer just so they can add a couple more.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
No, I cant wait any longer.. Just gimme BRAWL!
Why would you even make a thread for this? Newbs are just stinkin up this place for reals.

Near

Smash Cadet
This is just a "what if" scenario, I'm not acting like this would actually happen...I'm just asking this because I'm curious. If it meant getting Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, and Mega Man added to the roster (all of them with their own unique move sets and final smashes), would you be willing to wait until next December for the game...or would you rather just accept the roster we have now and have no more delays?

For me, I seriously wouldn't mind waiting for Christmas to have those characters added. It would be worth it in my opinion.
Complicated. I don't mind waiting, but those characters.. I don't care about any of them but Megaman.

Now if it meant Isaac, until 09 for all I care.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I can't stand waiting for the **** game right now, what makes you think I'd wait even longer. no...No.....NO! Even if it is for those characters, NO. I can't take it anymore.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I was ok with the Delays, i accepted the additions as good, and not bad. I still looked forward to the game.
This however would just be to much, first of all it would be so much longer then the other delays, and you may be ok with it but the other half of smash fans won't and Nintendo won't like that. And then theres another aspect, I'm fine with the roster, i think it is awesome, and to ask Sakurai to spend approximately another year on it would be too much. Why can't you guys just be happy with the roster, and now your probably thinking "this is just a thought" well this isn't one anyone should linger on anymore, we got the roster, and it's done, there's no need for these kinds of threads anymore.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Why can't you guys just be happy with the roster, and now your probably thinking "this is just a thought" well this isn't one anyone should linger on anymore, we got the roster, and it's done, there's no need for these kinds of threads anymore.
If you didn't notice...I started this thread on 1/30...right after Wolf had been unlocked and the final roster had been confirmed. I'm not still lingering on it. I've accepted the roster and moved on (but I'm still hoping Nintendo might have some DLC in the future ).

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I'd definitely do it, the multiplayer is the part I'm going to keep coming back to for years to come, so for 5 new, unique characters, I wouldn't mind waiting.

I'd also like to see a decloned WW Link, and a stage made for each character. It just feels more complete when every character gets a stage that can be their home turf. I could just make them in Stage Builder, but it won't be nearly as good as one made by the Brawl team themselves.

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
No way ive waited long enogh and the game looks fine in my opinion.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
People are actually saying they'd wait another year for 5 characers? That is ****ing stupid. We already got a good handful of new unique chars son. Peoples is whack.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I would hate it if the game was delayed until December! I don't really care for any of those characters that you listed. The roster is very balanced imo. First off, I think Wolf is a lot cooler than Krystal is. The guy's a bad*** (censored) while Krystal attacks with her spear.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I would NOT.

I've waited much too long for this game, as everyone else has, adn I'm not ready to throw away another 9 months of frustration for 5 more characters.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
No!

Smash 64 - 1999

Melee - 2001

Brawl - 2008????

It took them over 6 years to get this game done, and they only added 10 characters? This shoulda come out at the Wii's launch. It's really pathetic, I ain't waiting for ****.

Top Bottom