• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you think making Waluigi a sidekick to Wario in a game would be fitting and would you like it?

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I always though Wario needed a sidekick and I always assumed Waluigi was kind of his unofficial sidekick in the spinoff games, so what do you think. Would you enjoy Waluigi as a sidekick in a Wario adventure? Would you find it fitting for Nintendo to all of a sudden make Waluigi Wario's sidekick? Post what you think.

Oh. And sorry if this has been made before, I didn't see anything.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why not. Waluigi has been around for almost 13 years now, and in that time they've done NOTHING with him outside the spin-offs.

He's a character that exists, that Nintendo went to the trouble of creating, so they may as well make some sort of significant use of him. Whether it's as a Wario sidekick in a main series Wario game like you suggest, or a playable character in a major Mario or Wario game, or a major antagonist of some sort (something that would work well in a Luigi's Mansion game IMO) it'd be fitting and I'd like it as long as it was done well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Waluigi has the popularity that people would buy a Waluigi game.

But being a character in a Wario game would work well.

Hopefully something like Wario Land, 2nd player maybe

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They really missed an oportunity with the NSMB games. Forget two random Toads, throw Wario and Waluigi in there.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
This is probably something Nintendo plans on coming out with soon. Wouldn't be surprised. I'm actually surprised at myself for not having thought about this before. How well do the evil brother's games sell anyway?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I felt that waluigi was just made as a character just to have him. I'm sure if Nintendo had any real plans for him, they would have done it by now. Which also begs the question as to why they even created him in the first place.

I have a feeling that waluigi was going to beade for something big, but the plans dropped out for him. They had a character design of him though, so they just made use of him just because they had no other use for him.

I dunno, I could be completely wrong, and someone is bound to correct me on that or something.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I felt that waluigi was just made as a character just to have him. I'm sure if Nintendo had any real plans for him, they would have done it by now. Which also begs the question as to why they even created him in the first place.

I have a feeling that waluigi was going to beade for something big, but the plans dropped out for him. They had a character design of him though, so they just made use of him just because they had no other use for him.

I dunno, I could be completely wrong, and someone is bound to correct me on that or something.
I doubt there's anything grandiose behind Waluigi's existence, no big plans or anything. The general hypothesis is that he was created just so Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis 64 or to give Luigi his own 'Wario'. Since then he's just sort of 'stuck around' appearing in most of the spin-off games, Daisy and Birdo are similar in that respect.

I agree that if Nintendo ever intended in doing anything significant with him i.e. giving him a role in a main series Mario game, a Wario game, a Mario RPG game or a Luigi's Mansion game, they'd have done so by now. Even Toadette who was perhaps created for similar reasons (giving Toad a partner in Double Dash) has a role in Thousand Year Door and made a cameo appearance in Galaxy.

I think him only appearing in spin-off games works in his favour somewhat. He used to be mocked for it, but since then he's become an 'unofficial mascot' for those games.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there's anything grandiose behind Waluigi's existence, no big plans or anything. The general hypothesis is that he was created just so Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis 64 or to give Luigi his own 'Wario'. Since then he's just sort of 'stuck around' appearing in most of the spin-off games, Daisy and Birdo are similar in that respect.

I agree that if Nintendo ever intended in doing anything significant with him i.e. giving him a role in a main series Mario game, a Wario game, a Mario RPG game or a Luigi's Mansion game, they'd have done so by now. Even Toadette who was perhaps created for similar reasons (giving Toad a partner in Double Dash) has a role in Thousand Year Door and made a cameo appearance in Galaxy.

I think him only appearing in spin-off games works in his favour somewhat. He used to be mocked for it, but since then he's become an 'unofficial mascot' for those games.
Maybe, even though I think Mario should also be considered the mascot of that. Waluigi has such a great, unique personality that in my opinion should give him a chance in a main game. Whether Mario or Wario, I can't see why Nintendo has let so many opportunities go by for the purple procrastinator.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, even though I think Mario should also be considered the mascot of that. Waluigi has such a great, unique personality that in my opinion should give him a chance in a main game. Whether Mario or Wario, I can't see why Nintendo has let so many opportunities go by for the purple procrastinator.
Well Mario is obviously the official mascot of those games, he's the mascot of almost everything with the word 'Mario' in the title, but I personally see Waluigi as an unofficial mascot of those games because when I think of them I think 'Waluigi' and when I think of him of think of them. That's one of the reasons why he's grown on me over the years (I used to hate him). Another reason is that I agree with you in regards to him having a great and unique personality, his scenes are usually the funniest in the spin-off games because of his bizarre appearance and character. He's wacky, insane, petulant, over-confident, immature, a terrible sportsman and a joke villain character who probably isn't allowed within 200 metres of a nursery - I like that. Plus his ability to swim in the air is as awesome as it is nonsensical.

I think Nintendo have let opportunities for Waluigi in a major Mario/Wario/Luigi game slip by is mainly because of the amount of 'hate' he gets. I'd say it's more likely the latter than the former since they're known to decide what characters feature in a game or what characters get their own games based on the fan reception of that character. The prime example is Tingle: popular in Japan - his spin-off games get released there, unpopular in North America - his spin-off games aren't released there. I don't know what the feeling for Waluigi is in Japan, but in the West Waluigi has his fans but he seems to get much more bad press than positive.

Waluigi will probably never get his own official game, but he has got a fantastic looking fan game:

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Well Mario is obviously the official mascot of those games, he's the mascot of almost everything with the word 'Mario' in the title, but I personally see Waluigi as an unofficial mascot of those games because when I think of them I think 'Waluigi' and when I think of him of think of them. That's one of the reasons why he's grown on me over the years (I used to hate him). Another reason is that I agree with you in regards to him having a great and unique personality, his scenes are usually the funniest in the spin-off games because of his bizarre appearance and character. He's wacky, insane, petulant, over-confident, immature, a terrible sportsman and a joke villain character who probably isn't allowed within 200 metres of a nursery - I like that. Plus his ability to swim in the air is as awesome as it is nonsensical.

I think Nintendo have let opportunities for Waluigi in a major Mario/Wario/Luigi game slip by is mainly because of the amount of 'hate' he gets. I'd say it's more likely the latter than the former since they're known to decide what characters feature in a game or what characters get their own games based on the fan reception of that character. The prime example is Tingle: popular in Japan - his spin-off games get released there, unpopular in North America - his spin-off games aren't released there. I don't know what the feeling for Waluigi is in Japan, but in the West Waluigi has his fans but he seems to get much more bad press than positive.

Waluigi will probably never get his own official game, but he has got a fantastic looking fan game:

Maybe Nintendo thinks he's too creepy, just check this out:
http://www.screwattack.com/news/waluigi-too-creepy-mario-kart-7
Here's a Japanese source: http://www.gamememo.com/2012/01/22/mario-kart-7-waluigi/

Top Bottom