• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Would You Rather?" Smash 4 Edition

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
They'd be competitively viable but would make some characters do really well and others do really bad. They'd be about as polarizing as RC.
Then I'd be perfectly okay with that, but that's mostly because I don't play on a competitive level. I'm not qualified to make a decision on that, really.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Different and fun. I like BF and FD, but the same setup would get dull after a while. As long as these diverse stages aren't all awful, like most of the hazardous Brawl stages.

Would you rather have 100 stages, and all of them are as big as New Pork City, or have a 100 character roster, 90% of which are clones?
I'll take the 100 character roster and hope that Smash 4 ends up like MvC2.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Would you prefer a smaller roster with better, balanced gameplay?

Or would you prefer a bigger roster with less balance?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Either way you get more characters and we assume no brawl cuts, it's just a smaller add-on compared to a bigger add-on.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Either way you get more characters and we assume no brawl cuts, it's just a smaller add-on compared to a bigger add-on.
Better balance. I'd be fine if there weren't a whole bunch of new characters, since there aren't a whole lot left who really deserve to be in Smash IMO.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Would you prefer a smaller roster with better, balanced gameplay?

Or would you prefer a bigger roster with less balance?
Smaller roster.

Would you rather have more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon characters or characters from other not son known series that could possibly lead to franchise revival.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Tough choice.
Gonna go with not so known series.

Would you rather have smash bros 4 exclusive to 3DS, or created for the wii console?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Characters from non-known series, that's too obvious. I mean, think, what serious reps can you think of from Zelda? o.O

Tingle? Mmm, no, even Nintendo considers him creepy. Ghirahim? Pfft, as if. Ganon's the lord of evil! Toon Zelda? That's possible, especially since she may have been one of the forbidden seven. And that's about it.

Inb4diddythrowsoutImpa :awesome:

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Would you rather have more Mario/Zelda/Pokemon characters or characters from other not son known series that could possibly lead to franchise revival.
Whichever ones wind up being better characters.

Would you rather have a bunch of all-around good characters with minor strong and weak points, or have a bunch of gimmicky characters with major strengths and weaknesses (both would be equally balanced)?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Answering myself 2: Electric Bizarriloo

Would you rather have Tails or Robotnik?
Robotnik, always Robotnik. In fact, I'd rather have Robotnik than Sonic.

Would you rather have every stage be completely different and fun but hard counterpicks, or would you rather have every stage be slightly different versions of BF and FD but completely neutral?
Diverse and fun, you could always just main two characters.

Would you rather have a bunch of all-around good characters with minor strong and weak points, or have a bunch of gimmicky characters with major strengths and weaknesses (both would be equally balanced)?
Minor because the characters would still have different moves. However, I'd prefer a mix of both.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Minor strong and weak points, I think I'd like all-around good characters.

Would you rather have the cut scenes in Story Mode have characters that don't usually speak (Link, Mario, DK, etc), voiced by mediocre voice actors to say dialogue?

OR

Have the cut scenes in an anime/cartoon style, but still keep the silent characters unable to speak?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ooh tough... personally I think if Nintneod REALLY didn't want to risk the whole 'ruining their characters with voice-overs, etc etc.' then they could just make text bubbles and text instead.

But in this case, probably the mediocre dialogue because as much as I love the anime art-style I don't think it would work as well here: Our graphics for chars are good as they are.

Flatlander

Smash Rookie
Would You Rather,

Have the new character Earth Worm Jim

OR

Have the new character Banjo-Kazooie

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Would You Rather,

Have the new character Earth Worm Jim

OR

Have the new character Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo for sure!

Would you rather have tripping still in the game or
Have Gangnum style play in the background of character selection?

Flatlander

Smash Rookie
No tripping please xD

Would you rather:
Have a new game mode Volleyball (self explanitory)
or
Have a new game mode Assassinate (You are each given a target at the start of a FFA match, first to K.O. their target wins)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Ridley!
(Not a fan of metroid games, but as a character, Ridley rocks!)

Biz-R-o! You keep forgetting to ask questions after you answer someone elses. And you answer your own? Whatever this thread is fun!

Would ya rather have air dashing or a final smash meter? (as opposed to the smash ball)

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What's air dashing again? I'd probably pick it because what's to stop a smash meter from not being able to be turned off? Competitive play would suck. :(

Would you prefer an enhanced story-line or better online?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Now THAT'S a tough one.

Gonna go ahead and say megaman but there are reasons behind that... I guess wishlist would have banjo-kazooie... nah i'll stick to megaman.

Now... lets assume for a second that smash 4 in terms of mechanics was going to be somewhat like a previous game (and lets take out melee right here because i want thought put in to this lol) from smash. Would you prefer those mechanics to be more like 64's or Brawl's?

And to make this harder, if you take Brawl's route, there's no tripping either.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
@peeup Megaman, at least he didn't 9/11 a statue of Mario.

@Luco Brawl's, I like having DI and living past the first hit.

Would you rather have every stage with walk-offs and small vertical blast lines or every stage with circle camping?

peeup

Smash Lord
circle camping for sure, its harder to circle camp than it is to chain grab off the side.

Would you rather see another Metal Gear rep or another Sonic rep?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
what new one?

Also more Sanic, preferably five different versions of Robotnik.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
W8 wha? The title changed? XD I don't even remember the old one.

Would you rather have Sonic cut, and replaced by Big the Cat?

OR

Have Link and Toon Link cut, and replaced by Tingle?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Would you rather have Sonic cut, and replaced by Big the Cat?

OR

Have Link and Toon Link cut, and replaced by Tingle?
Big, because Sonic kinda sucks and I think Big would wind up being better than Tingle.

Would you rather have every character's weight, falling speed, and gravity increase significantly or decrease significantly?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mmm, probably blue shell. We have so many bombs/bomb-like things, only one shell.

Would you prefer Shiek to be cut and Impa in or Impa stays out and sheik is still in? :troll:

Top Bottom