• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Would You Rather?" Smash 4 Edition

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Basically, you list two or more hypothetical scenarios about Smash 4, good or bad, and then other people answer and can ask another. I'll start:

Three of the biggest problems that most people seem to have with Brawl are MK, crappy online, and tripping. You can get rid of two completely (MK would still be good but not OP, online will be awesome, tripping will be gone), but the other one is identical to Brawl. Which one do you keep?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Basically, you list two or more hypothetical scenarios about Smash 4, good or bad, and then other people answer and can ask another. I'll start:

Three of the biggest problems that most people seem to have with Brawl are MK, crappy online, and tripping. You can get rid of two completely (MK would still be good but not OP, online will be awesome, tripping will be gone), but the other one is identical to Brawl. Which one do you keep?
The biggest problems with Brawl are much bigger than that. MK isn't even that bad and tripping is more of a blatant middle finger to the community than it is an actual gameplay issue.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Would you have rather have smash 4 be similar to melee or brawl? I vote melee, because you know, melee wasn't a terrible game.

*sits back*

"It begins....."

:phone:

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Admitting to trolling, nice. I'd prefer Brawl.

Would you rather have every character be stupidly OP like MK or stupidly UP like Pichu?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
If some people didn't look at every disagreeing opinion and say "them's fightin' words!", that wouldn't be a problem.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Well if everybody was OP no one would be.... I guess I would prefer OP.

Random tripping, or fully charged smashes having a 1/10 chance of shield breaking the opponent? Even jiggs.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Almost never. Maybe I should've been more lenient and said charged smashes in general.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
would you rather have there be no stickers and have one new char or 4 new stages or other way around?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
footstool.

Would you rather have 20 brand new stages or 20 brand new characters?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Keep Sonic and Snake, I don't want to risk getting Jin, Klona, and Pac-Man.

UltimateLoser

Smash Rookie
footstool.

If the characters and stages are both unique, I'd go with the characters.

Would you rather have more ways to customize vs matches or a better online?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Better online.

would you rather have every character be competitively viable or have every stage be competitively viable and not just BF and FD 20 times?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Better online, the customization can be added through modifications or hacks.

FFFF, ninja'd.
Rather them CHARACTERS be competitively viable.
A rock as an item, or a granola bar (halves ending lag) item?
I can't wat.

The main reason I'm bad at these games is I completely fail in the first post unless I take quite some time, then have to edit and confuse everyone and slow everything down.

ROCK OR GRANOLA BAR?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
You can answer your own questions by the way. I'll do mine:

I can't answer this, it's too difficult.

Would you rather have every character be stupidly OP like MK or stupidly UP like Pichu?
If it's more like Brawl than Melee, OP. If not, UP (I don't know how to describe it, but I feel like every character in Melee better than Dr. Mario is OP).

Characters, because most of the stages will be banned anyway.

would you rather have every character be competitively viable or have every stage be competitively viable and not just BF and FD 20 times?
Stages, because there are usually more bad stages than bad characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather have it like the 64 version

Who needs all those different attacks and items and junk they added after that

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Uh...
GRANOLA BAR

Would you rather have no items in the next smash bros...
or have your favorite character cut?
I'll take no items.

Would you rather have Smash 4 delayed one year from the release date?

OR

Have half of the stages and characters cut, and have Slippy Toad as the only newcomer?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Admitting to trolling, nice. I'd prefer Brawl.

When everyone's super, no one is.

Pichu is more fun than MK though.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Uh...

I'll take no items.

Would you rather have Smash 4 delayed one year from the release date?

OR

Have half of the stages and characters cut, and have Slippy Toad as the only newcomer?
I'd take the delay, because I want the biggest roster they can give.

Assuming the quality of gameplay was equal in either option, would you rather have the single player story mode:

a) Continue from the plot of Subspace Emissary

b) Ignore SSE completely and start something entirely new (reboot)

Vkrm

Smash Lord
When everyone's super, no one is.

Pichu is more fun than MK though.
I think melee is more fun in general. I have never been able to stomach the slow pace and lack of control. Some would say it's a matter of preference.....They are idiots.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Robotnik, especially if he uses a mech.

As far as music, would you rather have less, but with more series diversity, or more songs with less series diversity?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hm, good question. I think less, but with more series diversity, since I'd like more diversity.

Would you rather have a power up/item that can make your character fight drunk?

OR

Have a power up/item that can make your character breakdance?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
As far as music, would you rather have less, but with more series diversity, or more songs with less series diversity?
More songs with less diversity. I want more Sanic music, damnit!

Would you rather have every stage be completely different and fun but hard counterpicks, or would you rather have every stage be slightly different versions of BF and FD but completely neutral?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Different and fun. I like BF and FD, but the same setup would get dull after a while. As long as these diverse stages aren't all awful, like most of the hazardous Brawl stages.

Would you rather have 100 stages, and all of them are as big as New Pork City, or have a 100 character roster, 90% of which are clones?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Different and fun. I like BF and FD, but the same setup would get dull after a while. As long as these diverse stages aren't all awful, like most of the hazardous Brawl stages.
They'd be competitively viable but would make some characters do really well and others do really bad. They'd be about as polarizing as RC.

Top Bottom