• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you consider Captain Jack the best Sheik?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No.

He was a good Melee Sheik player, but mediocre in Brawl, and he's since switched to G&W.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No, for someone to be consider the best they have to win tournaments and travel the world winning or placing high with the best of smasher.

As of now I've only seen a few video of Captain Jack from way back and those were sub par at best.

/thread

edit: Well that's lame, I was hoping he would continue using Sheik in brawl.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
No.

He was a good Melee Sheik player, but mediocre in Brawl, and he's since switched to G&W.
****, didn't know that. I remember reading a lot of comments of how he'd be the one to raise Sheik in the tier lists.

Edit: What? Does he know not go to tournaments anymore or something?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No, he didn't.

First off, DK stayed low tier, forever. And second, Captain Jack never used DK in tournament matches. Those videos of his DK on youtube are old friendlies vs opponents who were playing extremely bad.

If anything, it would be Bum, since he actually has won and placed high in Melee tournaments using just DK. Then again, taking out people like Chu Dat + Isai and taking M2K to the last match (which M2K was forced to go to Poke Floats and spam) alone is enough. And it was after that time period that people actually started to consider DK being higher, ex. Chillin's 08 Melee tier list wih DK in high Mid Tier (if I recall correctly).

Also, you guys never know, CJ might still at least have a pretty nice Sheik in Brawl. I mean, his Sheik videos are pretty dated... and they're just videos heh.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Captain Jack was good in Melee, not so much in Brawl. Decent, but not great. There are other Sheiks better than him in Brawl.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Oh wait, I forgot how much videos of old friendly matches show how good a player is.
I couldn't agree more. I dislike when people base skill on friendlies. I don't think he's the best but, i Think it would be better to base this off of tourney results but my opinion means nothing =/ . Btw how is he doing in tourneys ? i heard he likes Game and Watch.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
When was Ketubato? Because, he attended that European Melee tourney which was pretty recent.

Top Bottom