• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you approve of items being in the official recommended ruleset

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...You always needed Z-Air to grab an item, though.

I'm talking about if using a direction A attack(air or ground) picks up a sticker. If it doesn't, then there's zero issues with them whatsoever.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Stickers do not affect aerials (sticker is collected, but just like when picking up any item, the attack still happens). They do affect Jab, Forward- and Down-Tilt, but not Up-Tilt. Tested using a Gamecube controller.
As far as Zairs go, you're very much able to air dodge and then press A, collecting the item with the Air Dodge and then Zairing during the air dodge. Or just press Z twice. Not that hard, and stickers fall really slow. And if you're spacing a Zair correctly I don't see how Try to Zair -> Collect sticker, Do nothing could ever be punished.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I've played the Subspace Emissary, and over there when I used NAir to grab an item midair, I still performed the attack. It's been a while, but I think I've got stickers that way while still performing the attack.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom