• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would this be an illegal controller mod?

Super___Sonico

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

Was NOT sure where to put this so please don't assault me with "this does not belong here."

I was fed up with the stock sticks in a Gamecube controller. They just weren't working for me.

So I did this:

But would using the Wii Sticks be considered illegal? For example, if I went to Super Smash Con, Apex, EVO and so on. Would I be told I CANNOT use this controller.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
It's possible you'd be told you can't use it. Locally I very much doubt it, but at a major maybe.

Super___Sonico

Smash Rookie
What deems it unusable aside from the fact that the sticks are higher though? It wasn't like I made a turbo function or anything :p

I really do want to know why this would be un usuable

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
What deems it unusable aside from the fact that the sticks are higher though? It wasn't like I made a turbo function or anything :p

I think generally all controller mods are frowned upon.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311

Because it's not stock. There's no definite yes or no answer though. It's going to vary by TO. Personally, I'd just get used to using the gamecube stock stick or use the wii pro controller. But there's some majors where pretty much everything but the gamecube controller are banned completely so you might want to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

MrSaek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSaek
It depends on the TO, but at my locals this would be allowed at it does not add a factor of advantage.

Top Bottom