• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would love to work on a project with a team.

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway we can program a version of Smash 64 that has all the stages playable from the 1-Player stages and with HD textures all at once? It would be nice to see something like this in HD textures.

Rather then what we have now for HD textures that are basically other artwork from other games.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
tl;dr can someone summarize in 20 words or less?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Basically, this guy wants to make an overhaul mod that will become the "tournament standard".
Smash64 is better than any other smash game. There is nothing to do to make a "tournament standard" smash version. The tournament standard is the NTSC (U).

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Everyone, I'm really sorry for making a stupid essay about this whole thing. I'll edit it into a smaller and more to the point situation when it comes to this topic.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Everyone, I'm really sorry for making a stupid essay about this whole thing. I'll edit it into a smaller and more to the point situation when it comes to this topic.
Think about this though, project M was taken off twitch because it was an UNOFFICIAL brawl hack, yes hacking is cool but we're specifically Smash Bro players. Not some guy unofficial edits to an official game player. Smash64 will always be ssb64, even if we create a rom hack including banjo, falco and king dedede it still wouldn't be "tournament" ready. IT would take a lot of time and polish to refine such a complex rom hack to address whatever in the world you think is severely wrong with smash64. Instead of settling on what may seem good enough, I'd rather keep things official as possible.

If we put smash64 2.0 on apex then have an already little turn out end up with people blaming their losses on the aspects of the game that make A B C stronger or weaker than X Y Z, unless you want to get a team of dedicated people to recreate smash64(which may be easier than you think). However the real problem lies within the implications involved, I don't want to have the games core mechanics changed at all because it's a simple game ultimately, it's just up to you to play it the most efficient way possible.

Last edited:

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Think about this though, project M was taken off twitch because it was an UNOFFICIAL brawl hack, yes hacking is cool but we're specifically Smash Bro players. Not some guy unofficial edits to an official game player. Smash64 will always be ssb64, even if we create a rom hack including banjo, falco and king dedede it still wouldn't be "tournament" ready. IT would take a lot of time and polish to refine such a complex rom hack to address whatever in the world you think is severely wrong with smash64. Instead of settling on what may seem good enough, I'd rather keep things official as possible.

If we put smash64 2.0 on apex then have an already little turn out end up with people blaming their losses on the aspects of the game that make A B C stronger or weaker than X Y Z, unless you want to get a team of dedicated people to recreate smash64(which may be easier than you think). However the real problem lies within the implications involved, I don't want to have the games core mechanics changed at all because it's a simple game ultimately, it's just up to you to play it the most efficient way possible.
Well by any means, it's good to have a copy of Smash 64 that has ALL the stages and features rather then just the selected few from the original, regardless tournament legal or not it would be fun to play with any smash player just as much as PM's unofficial characters like Geno and so on. Basically I'd like to see this new SSB64 version with everything for fun. Not with new characters or anything like that.

Nevermind, I just realized that 19XXTE is a thing.... This topic can be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Well by any means, it's good to have a copy of Smash 64 that has ALL the stages and features rather then just the selected few from the original, regardless tournament legal or not it would be fun to play with any smash player just as much as PM's unofficial characters like Geno and so on. Basically I'd like to see this new SSB64 version with everything for fun. Not with new characters or anything like that.
Gameshark codes cover this, on console it's cheaper to have a GS or modded WII than a physical rom hack cartridge like F Zero Climax (F zero x romhack utilizing n64dd).

Top Bottom