• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Link be a good character to use in the Gamestop Smash Tourny?

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing whoever pirated the game will destroy everyone so I figure it would be best to chose a character that's similar to their Melee counterpart.

I've never played Brawl so would Link be a good character to use in the tourny?

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Link has gotton alot better from melee he got quicker and he's a little bit more powerful plus his bombs have alot more knockback in Brawl so I say yes

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
From what I have read the matches at Gamestop are 1 minute long, so your best bet is with a heavy character what you can rack up damage with quickly. If you can accomplish that with Line then go ahead. A large amount of people will use people like Ike due to his weight, enormous strength, and wide array of kill moves.

Blue Link FTW

Zoro

Smash Champion
If the matches go to sudden death you can kill people with bombs

remember you can throw them farther if you roll in the direction you want to throw and quickly press a

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I, personally am using Link in the tourney because :

1.) I come from a state with little smashers.
2.) Anyone that DOES show up, will probably want to test newcomers.
3.) Link is a familiar character (my Main since 64)

Also : Use dark link, and you'll be underestimated as a zelda fanboy punk , and then you can own everyone.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I thought it was going to be Melee being played at the tourney??? Anyway, i'm going to use Link no matter what! I represent Link mainers and i'm confident of my skills with him, but the 1 min rule kinda pisses me off! That's not a match it's a "whoever gets lucky wins" fight. :(

:3

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
I think i'm gonna be using link for the Tournament because i can ***** his projectiles and punish when they mess up(roll, maybe a smash miss or when my bomb hits them) And the fact it will be playedo n battle field i think link will be a good char to use!

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I thought it was going to be Melee being played at the tourney??? Anyway, i'm going to use Link no matter what! I represent Link mainers and i'm confident of my skills with him, but the 1 min rule kinda pisses me off! That's not a match it's a "whoever gets lucky wins" fight. :(

i agree with you ,is totally not fair

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Game Stop sucks they sold a game to my friend and the game wasnt in there when he got home and they wouldnt do anything about it they also wouldnt sell my girl friend RvB because she had an Arizona id and we were in Utah. If you have a play n trade in your area go there instead everything they do is cheaper and better then game stop.

CombatQueenPMS

Smash Rookie
I think Link would be a good character to use in it. Even though he is slower he has more defense. I am going to play patient with Link and use his gale boomerang to get them to the edge.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Game Stop sucks they sold a game to my friend and the game wasnt in there when he got home and they wouldnt do anything about it they also wouldnt sell my girl friend RvB because she had an Arizona id and we were in Utah. If you have a play n trade in your area go there instead everything they do is cheaper and better then game stop.
Go Die.

Play and Trade sucks balls.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I've played Brawl and I can tell you that Link is a solid character. There are some differences that will take adjusting but remember these 2 simple thing: Don't rely on his spin attack (aka whirlwind) to kill them and don't spam moves like dair too much. They will lose knockback and damage if you do

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Anybody can be a good character to use, but Link has higher potential than others to be a better choice in a tourny, especially the one gamestop is holding.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
If you could use him successfully in Melee, go for it.

If not, I would suggest a n00b friendly character (not saying you're a n00b, but it'll help you get used to Brawl's physics, the movesets, ect. with minimal punishment for errors.)

Top Bottom