• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would like to get into smash. I don't where to start.

Wasif Rahman

Smash Rookie
Someone's probably asked this before, sorry. I'll just need someone to link me where to go. Thanks.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
Choose a character you're going to main as to start. If you don't know, then you should go into the character discussion subforum section then browse through a few guides on characters to choose one. Checking the tier list might also help you if you want to choose based off of that.

Afterwards, check some youtube guides and read the guides here on the forums for that specific character. Maybe get some other peoples' friend codes too.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Meta Knight is a good beginning character, after you think you're fairly good with him, I'd recommended to just ditch him and go for someone else.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I don't quite understand. Is this your first time playing Smash? If so, that's crazy. haha, but better late than never.

As for which game to start, it's really your call. Pick the character you like the most, and try maining them. If it works, stick with them, if not, try someone else. I started with Link, not because I liked his playstyle, but because I was obsessed with Zelda, and Link was my favorite Nintendo character, so I went with him, and now I main him.

Top Bottom