• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would it be worth making a gimp-ing guide?

Browny

Smash Hater
After spending a lot of time practicing my off-stage gimping with sonic its pretty obvious his vast variety of possible gimps work well versus different characters. such as homing attack from below against fox and falco, the b-air during snake's cypher (or grab him out of the air lol), and the spring or d-air vs ike.

Is this sort of stuff common knowledge, or do yous think i should write something detailed regarding each characters?

Browny

Smash Hater
Someone actually made a vid vs CPUs, so...
lol that vid was just a demonstration in reply to the literally hundreds of sonic vids ive watched on youtube where sonic players make no attempt to edgeguard and rely solely on dsmash and fmash for kills. and its not as if cpu tactics dont work on humans. i admit the multiple f-air combo is almost impossible, but springs and d-airs versus ike, olimar and everyone with weak recoveries has worked for me plenty of times on wifi

Ereki

Smash Cadet
Perhaps that would be best. I myself still have trouble gimping an opponents recovery, so, a guide would be nice. Video's can't seem to help me out at all.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
The best way to gimp with Sonic IMHO, after using almost exclusively him since mar. 9, is aerial pursuit with the up-B.

If you knock someone high up (or they are just high up near the top of the level for some reason). Lead them a bit from the ground, time it perfectly, and then use your Up-B when you will meet them perfectly at the top of the level. Now while rising up perform your Uair (if you are closer to side of the level then use your Bair).

You should be able to clip your opponent sending them to their deaths, this can be performed with damages as low as 30% or so if you catch em well enough. Once you get real good doing this you can take opponents down that are out of the screen and really piss them off, anyways more on topic, sure go ahead and make a gimp guide, anything to help the Sonic community. :bee:

Umby

Smash Master
lol that vid was just a demonstration in reply to the literally hundreds of sonic vids ive watched on youtube where sonic players make no attempt to edgeguard and rely solely on dsmash and fmash for kills. and its not as if cpu tactics dont work on humans. i admit the multiple f-air combo is almost impossible, but springs and d-airs versus ike, olimar and everyone with weak recoveries has worked for me plenty of times on wifi
Yeah, I was just bringing it up for a "matter of fact" type of thing.

Top Bottom