• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be possible...

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
To get an option for holding Cstick to charge smash attacks? I really like the ability to charge a smash with Cstick in Smash 4, but when switching back to PM it's always so disconcerting to not be able to do that anymore. Would this even be possible to add into the game?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You can charge if you hold Z when you flick the stick.
That's a thing?

Anyways, it's not exactly the same thing though. it's requiring you to add in an extra input, which you may as well just charge smash attacks the usual way.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
That's a thing?

Anyways, it's not exactly the same thing though. it's requiring you to add in an extra input, which you may as well just charge smash attacks the usual way.
Yup, it's my preference for charged smashes.

I'd disagree; from the sounds of it, an S4 player would probably build up muscle memory for always inputting C-stick before deciding whether or not to charge it. Since not many are aware that C-stick + Z can be used to charge smashes in Melee/PM, they assume that once they hit the C-stick (their go-to muscle memory input - starting with their right thumb on A would probably feel as awkward as switching between X/Y or L/R), they've already committed to an uncharged smash attack.

I'd imagine that the bigger issue here is more mental than physical - confusion/hesitation over the thumb positioning and the order of button inputs, as opposed to the number of inputs involved, especially in this case.

While I could see how this would be an issue if it involved a second input with your left hand (L instead of Z) or a second input with the same finger in quick succession (C-stick input, then rushed to press+hold A or something), your pointer finger is usually already positioned over R or Z, so it doesn't take as much additional attention to get used to for covering the extra input.​

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
To get an option for holding Cstick to charge smash attacks? I really like the ability to charge a smash with Cstick in Smash 4, but when switching back to PM it's always so disconcerting to not be able to do that anymore. Would this even be possible to add into the game?
An option for that would be cool, and would help Smash Wii U player's transition into the game.
I've always hated it mostly cause I like to feel the power of Roy's Fsmash while using it, almost like my finger is lagging from the sheer strength of it.

Kind of a side question for you, do you throw with the control stick? I've always thrown with the C-stick, and got super mad at Smash Wii U for not letting me.

Last edited:

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
An option for that would be cool, and would help Smash Wii U player's transition into the game.
I've always hated it mostly cause I like to feel the power of Roy's Fsmash while using it, almost like my finger is lagging from the sheer strength of it.

Kind of a side question for you, do you throw with the control stick? I've always thrown with the C-stick, and got super mad at Smash Wii U for not letting me.
Nah I've always thrown with the control stick.

Top Bottom