• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would it be cool if..

supersmashbros.fighter

Smash Rookie
The Pokemon were Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard? Sure they would all be big and it would take out some strategy but it would be kinda fun. Just to make sure you guys know this but I have nothing against squirtle or ivysaur.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
The Pokemon were Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard? Sure they would all be big and it would take out some strategy but it would be kinda fun. Just to make sure you guys know this but I have nothing against squirtle or ivysaur.
Actually, I don't think this would be very cool. Part of the appeal of Pokemon Trainer is that you get to run a small-quick-light aerials character, a medium tether recovery projectile character, and a heavy multijump gliding powerhouse character. Changing that to three heavy powerhouse characters would take out all of the appeal.

Additionally, in the original anime, Ash Ketchum has a Squirtle, an Ivysaur, and a Charizard. They've said that Pokemon Trainer is not supposed to be Ash and is instead supposed to be "Red" from the original gameboy game, but the allusions add some depth.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
no, basically, my answer is what the dude above me said.
3 diff types means more versatility, and you can **** with versitility.

BUT i would definitely like to see Venusaur, squirtle, and Charmeleon
(just because venesaur is the ****)
imagine his taunts "VEEEENUSAAAURRR!!!"
solar beam could be like samus's charge shot, cept with a whole lot of own added on.

but im kidding really, charizard deserves the spotlight as tank fighter.
(venusaur would get ownd by firebased attacks and pikmin anyway)

Top Bottom