• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Captain Douglas benefit from items being turned on?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
What about smash balls? I think he would, cuz then he'd have teh projectiles, and he can run real fast-like to get to items first. Plus he has the squishingiest final smash.

Discuss. :bee:

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen any discussion on how the Captain's affected by items... I just wanted to know. D:

This stuff's gonna be important in Evo.

So to start, Falcon is one of the 17 characters with an inescapable fan swing. :bee:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I've never seen any discussion on how the Captain's affected by items... I just wanted to know. D:

So to start, Falcon is one of the 17 characters with an inescapable fan swing. :bee:
That and his insane running speed would give him the immidiate advantage of beating the opponent to the item.

After all... he is an F-Zero pilot.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
1. Can beat most characters to the items
2. Inescapable fan swing
3. Makes up for his lack of used projectiles

I'd say yes...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Items probably make Falcon more playable to an extent. Brawl probably was designed with item-users in mind anyway. By turning on items, you reduce the gap of the advantage projectile campers inherently have, and you get even more benefit from having high mobility.

However, this also probably makes MK even more unstoppable. =O

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
There should never be items on anyway their too cheap and they suck
If that were true, Diddy's bananas would be banned. They're an actual item, after all. Item Standard Play rules ban all items that are considered too powerful, like the Golden Hammer.

Fan is banned by ISP rules.

If you guys want to play items, play ISP.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Well, as EVERYONE is going to play in Evo, you're perfectly right. This is a very important topic. But there are also very very few guys that aren't going to play Evo and therefore aren't concerned with this, so maybe you should think twice about making such topics.

/little bit of sarcasm

Top Bottom