• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would anyone be interested in..

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Videos of my rusty Ness against horrible players?

If so I may upload some...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Fine. I want to see how bad you are in melee so I can brag about being the best Ness on the east coast (minus Mow).

jugfingers

Smash Champion
as a vid? not unless its a vid.

....vids or it didn't happen.

EDIT

did you beat any notable, or get close to beating any one notable? I'm not questioning your abilities I just like hearing about ness players winning.

thats dope that your reppin ness, im not sure how good 17th is at chus biweekly is but props nevertheless

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I lost to Tope's Sheik and some Marth player whose name I forgot.

I went 50/50 Peach Ness. I always cp'd jungle japes with Ness after starting off as Peach to throw people off and it worked every time ^_^.

It's not like it's hard to be 2nd best Ness on the ec. There's literally only two people who even somewhat play Ness (besides me) now. The other person (Toasty) used to be waaaay better than me but stopped playing melee for brawl and then there's mow.

This is mow's skill level

(Huge gap)

Me =(

I'm also assuming that since Ref doesn't know how to wd, he doesn't know how to djc quickly or edgeguard with bat properly that he sucks (in melee). He's loads better than me in brawl though lol.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I know how to wavedash... and DJC... I edgeguard with the bat too... I'm just incredibly rusty right now..

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Define Good.

Has anybody beaten anybody good in the history of Ness besides Mow and mofo? No.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Define Good.

Has anybody beaten anybody good in the history of Ness besides Mow and mofo? No.
Good is an incredibly relative term, esp when considering the area Sage lives in [one of the best regions in the country], so there are lots of people on the semi-pro-but-kinda-unknown level who still qualify as "people of merit" when talking about winning with Ness.

I still play Melee only I haven't mained Ness since January :( :( :(

However I'm probably still better than you Sage lmao(jk I have no clue)...just not as good as I used to be.

I'm less technical now for lack of practice with Melee Ness but definitely more focused and precise.

I 2 stocked ChaosKnight's Marth and got his Fox to 1 stock in October and I'm still capable of beating Doll's Peach with Ness [though I didn't actually pull off the win in the end due to an SD, but w/e] as recently as Nov 23rd.

I'm still not close to the top level simply due to my lack of experience against high-level players in Melee, but...*sniff* I think I had potential ;___;

That said...

Ref: sure, upload them. people might be able to give you good advice :)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll try to get some... But sage is just going to make fun of me. Maybe against decent players.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Then why did you get three stocked by my ****ty as$ Peach? You play brawl too much now lol.

Though good **** on beating CK. I've only ever gotten close, but that was a year ago lol.

Yes you definitely had potential though and was way better than me at your prime (at least your Ness, I had no idea you played Marth til I played you lol).

Doll always sandbags against Ness though. It's really annoying. Idk cuz I haven't seen the matches but that's what he did to me.

Edit: Ref, I wouldn't make fun of you, I'd just try to give you some advice. I know I'm coming off really douchey right now but I'm just saying how it is. Nobody really plays Melee Ness now except Mow, who hardly ever played him in the first place.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll get some then... As soon as I can. Probably Saturday or Friday I'll have some

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
lol dude getting three stocked by your bltcha.ss peach is what MADE me pick up Ness again so I could get back to beating the likes of Doll...and trust that he does NOT sandbag against me. He 4stocked my Fox and 4stocked my Marth because he's INCREDIBLE at those matchups and I'm equally awful at them. So then I went to my fallback which was Ness :) But seriously, you made me realize just how much of my old favorite I had lost and forgotten...so thanks for being eh and still beating me, it helped a lot LMAO

<3<3<3

Ref...I'll be as objective as possible :) post up!

edit: just fyi, we played, what...first week of oct? I played CK when he came to SoVa a couple weeks later :)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol you use Ness as a Peach counter? Well I can't say anything cuz I do too cuz dittos suck lmao. You just need to keep the pressure up on Peach. You were playing a little too defensively against Peach which doesn't really work unless you have a projectile. Yay I inspired you to play Ness lol.

Did you beat Ck with Ness or Marth. It definitely matters.

Blargh what am I saying. I haven't practiced that much in ages. I really need to relearn how to do mofo combos after all the advice Mow gave me at chu's last tourney.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
random question...
does SH fair auto cancel?
it seems like it does

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yes it does. A lot of Ness' aerials ac but that aspect is almost completely useless since Ness doesn't really have laggy aerials.

Beating CK is an accomplishment that doesn't really matter if you use a high tier or not. He's pretty good.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
it auto cancels only before the hitbox comes out, so it's not quite accurate to say it ACs [I wish it did though :(] against most characters [meaning: not Sheik] you can fast fall the dair before the hitbox comes out and then immediately utilt, though you can probably dtilt against Sheik or something, I don't remember what moves are Ness's fastest...

livan

Smash Apprentice
well i don't know you but i feel you are better just believe more in you !

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
According to superdoodleman's frame data the dair is autocancelable any time the hitbox isn't out during the duration of the move. At least I think. I know that there are autocancel frames after the hitbox is over though.

Top Bottom