• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would adding Jump-Canceling to QD be Broken??

I4mNoHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Saigonism
J-Canceling Quick-Draw was made possible in Project M. I was wondering if that same transition would fit in Smash 4? It would probably work the same way as Browser J.R as in you can act out of the jump with any aerial of your choice. This also means you would be able to Up-B after the jump, again similar to Br J.R. This would be a obvious buff to his recovery options. Considering that the current Ike's bad recovery balances his strength, do you guys think that would be broken?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No, it's busted in PM because Ike can wavedash out of it. With no wavedash, Ike only gets aerials, which is a buff for sure but not HUGE.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It'd give Ike an approach option and give Ike the ability to cancel to neutral with it. It'd be less broken as PM but you could still do things like jump cancelled grabs and jump cancel Up Smashes which would give him almost a DACUS. It'd be really good but not PM level.

I4mNoHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Saigonism
How likely do you guys think that this might be implemented in future patches?

Locke17

Smash Rookie
It'd be nice, but how many frames within quick draw should he be able jump cancel? If only a few frames, I think it would be very abusable.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
It'd be nice, but how many frames within quick draw should he be able jump cancel? If only a few frames, I think it would be very abusable.
If memory serves, PM Ike can jump cancel his QD 3 frames after the dash? So apply that to Smash 4 Ike, that would mean around Frame 19, which is right about where his old QD startup used to be.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
As much as I love this to be a thing, I really really doubt sakurai actually implementing it. It's just opening wayy to much options for ike, seeing as how useful ike's range and aerials are (bowser Jr.'s range and aerials both pale in comparison to ike's). Maybe if by some miracle he does, he'll most likely introduce a major drawback like only jump possible with added end lag, or some thing to that extent.

I4mNoHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Saigonism
As much as I love this to be a thing, I really really doubt sakurai actually implementing it. It's just opening wayy to much options for ike, seeing as how useful ike's range and aerials are (bowser Jr.'s range and aerials both pale in comparison to ike's). Maybe if by some miracle he does, he'll most likely introduce a major drawback like only jump possible with added end lag, or some thing to that extent.
Tbh I'll take any drawback. 1.0.8 really did beef Ike up. Anything else now would be icing on the cake.

Top Bottom