• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would a mappable smash button bring back the DACUS? Is it worth petitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othayuni

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0061-1205-7394
A few techniques are more difficult or seemingly impossible on the 3DS now thanks to the lack of C-stick, but the potential for them is still within the game's code as we see from people who have cube controller adapters. (I'm a new member and can't post links yet, but for an example, search "smash 4 3ds - dacus confirmed!" on youtube.)

So what if we were allowed to have a smash button that we could map to something we don't use anyway, like our "off" jump button? In my case, I always use X to jump, never Y, so I was thinking being able to map Y + a direction to do a smash attack might make the DACUS possible, and possibly also pivot smashing easier (I find it very difficult with the circle pad). currently this isn't an option but with updates and patches being supported now I wondered if you all thought it might be worth trying to gradually get the team's attention about.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
A few techniques are more difficult or seemingly impossible on the 3DS now thanks to the lack of C-stick, but the potential for them is still within the game's code as we see from people who have cube controller adapters. (I'm a new member and can't post links yet, but for an example, search "smash 4 3ds - dacus confirmed!" on youtube.)

So what if we were allowed to have a smash button that we could map to something we don't use anyway, like our "off" jump button? In my case, I always use X to jump, never Y, so I was thinking being able to map Y + a direction to do a smash attack might make the DACUS possible, and possibly also pivot smashing easier (I find it very difficult with the circle pad). currently this isn't an option but with updates and patches being supported now I wondered if you all thought it might be worth trying to gradually get the team's attention about.
I doubt a petition would do much, however I would absolutely love to have the option to use the Dpad as a Cstick rather than taunts.

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I mean a petition might make them listen, but I doubt it. Also, the Wii U version is coming up soon with fully mappable buttons so yeah.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Also worth mentioning is the New 3DS, which is already out in Japan.

Still, that's a whole new piece of hardware

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Welcome to Smashboards! Unfortunately, threads like making petitions for features isn't really suitable for the competitive boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom