• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst stage in the game?

Which of these 4 stages are the worst stages in the game?

• Total voters

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Any stage that is poorly designed, excessively big, convoluted and/or unconventional can qualify here but if i had to choose it would be:

Palutena's Temple (Bad successor to the much better Temple)
75M (Friggen ladders and platforms)
Great Cave Offensive (Expected it to be akin to Delfino Plaza but boy was I disappointed)
Gaur Plain (I really want to know what they were thinking in designing this level)
Pac-Land (Way to put the Wii-U's HD graphics to good use with this level)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pac-Land wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't horribly ugly. At least it has Pac-Man's Park/Block Plaza.
However, no amount of good graphics can save 75m from being an awful stage. Not to mention they removed the best part of the stage, the walkoff on the right, aka "Back Throw Heaven".

Mr. Buddy

Smash Cadet
How is Jungle Hijinx anywhere near as bad as these stages? Anyway, Palutena's Temple is not only my most hated stage in the game, but the whole series as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly could have been worse they could have brought back rumble falls but thank goodness they didnt but i have no idea why they brought this stage back maybe it was to celebrate an anniversary or something anyways..they could have easily substituted 75m for another better...stage.
Eww... they should have brought back Kongo Jungle from Melee... the one with the logs and the waterfall... that was one of my favorite Melee stages... and definitely one of the better Donkey Kong stages.

D

Deleted member

The Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple are the only ones I legitimately dislike. PacLand I think is really fun and chaotic, Jungle Hijinx I have nothing against, and 75m is a pretty interesting stage to fight on.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Out of the 4:

75M: I like that level to force me to do air attacks... but the old arcade stage isn't good for smash. It is a tad better now that people can go down through the top platform. Don't play it much... but it isn't my least favorite.

I wish they would have kept Jungle Japes instead.

Pac-Land:
Pac Land sucks IMO. From a smash perspective (looking at how the level works, in smash not ) I don't see what it is going for. Part of this is that I have never been fond of moving levels. With that said in the past, some of them I see what the developers were trying for. Big blue using the track as a danger zone, Rainbow Cruise shifting from relativly conventional, to an air battle, to a platform that gives the choice between guard it, or risk someone getting ahead and killing you during the fast drop. Mushromy kingdom was a fight for the items... rarely can you force one to spawn and that gamble/fight added a level unique element. (though the underground version was terrible). With Pac-Land... it moves, I don'[t like it, and I don't see what the developers were trying to do to enhance the smashing experience. Maybe I haven't played it enough, but I don't see some unique feature to make the level stand out in a posative way... IMO it is just terrible. ATM the winner of my personal pile of trash award.

Jungle Hijinx: I like this one. If you only want to play competative style rules then I understand why you wouldn't. The barrel cannons add a new way to escape, and the stage sections crubeling adds a risk reward element. Do you play it safe and go to the safe section of the stage? Or do you stay back, and try to keep your foe on the sinking ship knowing you may go down too/instead? I find it fun personally. It isn't built for competative game play , but what it is built for I enjoy.

Palutena's Temple: Backround: I hate temple because it is to freaking big, to easy to run from fights, and to hard to get KOs thanks to the infamous fight club. I was a lot madder than I should have been when I found out they were putting this pile of trash in the game place AGAIN!!!! Paulten'as temple is just as bad if not worse. I have seen people who like this kind of level... but blah does it drive me nuts.

A lot of the levels I come to hate ends up being because they are forced. Playing online for fun, Pac Land among others are just way to common... Drawing a hazard fest during all star really leaves a sour taste. Some of these levels are fun for the right fun game... but when they are forced they lose even that because I don['t want to go to them for anything later.

For now out of these for the disgraced loser IMO is Pac Land! May it's creator and those who approved it please approach the stage and accept the "Your fired" trophy please!

Last edited:

Rixilas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeiku121
Definitely 75m in my opinion, but Great Cave Offensive is not a very good map either. Seems like I have the same opinion as loads of other people!

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Jungle Hijinks in the 3DS version is terrible.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Words can't describe how bland 75m and Pac-Land are. 75m is way too spread out for its own merit, and while it represents the original Donkey Kong game well, it seems very unoriginal and boring to play on. Combine this with mediocre song choices, groans will be heard whenever it's accidently picked. Kongo Jungle (or Jungle Japes) from Melee would have been a much better DK stage choice.

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Jungle Japes isn't that bad; I find myself loathing the Spirit Tracks strage a lot more.

Fekkin' train hazards. :/
I don't like it because of the water gimmick, I dislike Spirit Tracks for this too. I also don't like Magicant.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I don't like The Great Cave Offensive because
1. I think it's too big of a stage.
and 2. I felt like we should've gotten a stage from Kirby's Return to DreamLand rather than ANOTHER stage from Kirby Super Star.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
75m because if you stay long enough in the match then the barrels come in you get K.Od anyways

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm actually completely okay with Palutena's Temple. I've never had that many problems killing people and rarely do I ever face anyone running away. Pac-Land is so bad it's good (in 8-player that is). My least fav stage is The Great Cave Offensive.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Out of those, 75m. However I hate Gamer the most since the freaking mom always KO's me. There's not much space to run from her, either.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I hate playing on Wily's Castle (non-omega) the most. Yellow Devil is worse than any MS Paint graphics, convoluted platform layout, or overcramped tunnel system could ever be. In my opinion, it's the worst stage in the series except for Brawl's "Mario Bros." stage. And that's awful, because it probably would've been my favorite stage without the Yellow Devil. Special mention needs to go to Pyrosphere for being a truly awful stage as well. No idea how you can list the mostly inoffensive Jungle Hijinxs on this poll, but ignore Wily's Castle and Pyrosphere. Well, I guess Pyrosphere at least has the "8-player Smash" trick going for it.

I think (horizontally) scrolling stages overall get way more hate than they deserve. They're not that hard to fight on, and they tend to be light on hazards. Pac-Land's biggest offense isn't its being a scrolling stage, but rather the fact that it doesn't even try to make use of the Wii U's graphical capabilities for the sake of being "retro", something that other, genuinely good stages, such as Duck Hunt, are also guilty of.

Of the poll options, I'd say 75m is the worst. A stage based on the arcade Donkey Kong was a great idea. Making that stage an exact replica of one of the game's levels was not.

Jeeble

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeeble
3DS FC
4227-0772-2000
At least I can stand in the other three

75m...

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Worst Stage in Smash History is Pac-Land. It looks ugly and the completely unreliable edges just make it really dumb. Even when you're just messing around.

Palutena's Temple is my 2nd favorite Wii U stage in general. It looks nice. Its fun to play on. It's a bigger version of Temple but a lot nicer.

People say "Its yo easy to run from a fight". It's not a Tournament Match so who cares?

The Great Cave Offensive is my favorite of course.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Palutena's temple IMO is the worst 8 player stage. Pac-Land is flawed but still flows pretty decently.

75m is okay if you're playing coin mode and that's about it. I haven't played Jungle Hijinx enough to comment.

Laniv

Smash Champion
75m: garbage in Brawl, garbage in SSB4. As previously mentioned, Pac-Land has good music to save it.

Jungle Hijinx isn't that bad of a stage...

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
75m, I don't like the maze of small platforms.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I think you forgot Final Destination and all the Omega Stages, there's literally nothing going on in them. :denzel:

at least add some kind of unique platforms button to omega stages, just a tad.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Eww... they should have brought back Kongo Jungle from Melee... the one with the logs and the waterfall... that was one of my favorite Melee stages... and definitely one of the better Donkey Kong stages.
Random ellipsis... there's no reason for all these ellipsis.... like I really don't know how to use spaces... or commas... or more than one sentance.

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I hated 75m in brawl, and I probably dislike it more in Smash 4 just because they thought it was okay to bring it back. =_=

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. I have no idea how people don't like Palutena's Temple(could be due to the fact I love Uprising. The only thing I hate about it is remembering the feels in the Destroyed Skyworld level(the remix doesn't help either).
2. Both DK stages are annoying and boring(the music not so much)
3. Pac-Land has awesome Pacman music, but I prefer Pac-Maze.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I would say Pac-Land or whatever the hell it's called is the worst stage because it's both incredibly ugly and dreadful to play on. At least Palutena's stage and Great Cave Offensive look cool despite being **** stages to fight on.

75m is second worst.

Shog

Smash Ace
75m the worst by far, the other stages are either unique or gorgegous (is that spelled correctly?)

Marty20

Smash Rookie
NNID
MartyTiti
3DS FC
5455-9421-4760
Hello,

The 75 m is not a bad stage, but I can't bear it, because of the multiple platforms across it and the stage hazards.

Bye.

Top Bottom