• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst stage in the game?

Which of these 4 stages are the worst stages in the game?

• Total voters

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
You forgot The Great Cave Defensive. Sakurai thinks the only people that bought this game have big TVs and can see the tiniest of your character.

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
75m is so bad. Can someone tell me what Sakurai was thinking when he brought this stage back?
Honestly could have been worse they could have brought back rumble falls but thank goodness they didnt but i have no idea why they brought this stage back maybe it was to celebrate an anniversary or something anyways..they could have easily substituted 75m for another better...stage.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
75m. Why couldn't have been based on one of the simpler stages of Donkey Kong? I'm fighting an opponent, not a stage.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Palutena's Temple is so damn big and boring as ****. I only pick this stage just for its Omega form.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There are people who don't like Jungle Hijinx? Aside from not being competitive it seems harmless.

1. 75m (hazards)
2. The Great Cave Offensive (too big)
3. Pac-Land (ugly)
4. Pyrosphere/Gaur Plain/Wily Castle (stage bosses)
5. Palutena's Temple (too big, boring)
6. Smashville (unneeded, too similar to Town and City)

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
75m, just because of that stupid springs that give you an insta-kill most of the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
75m, it's the one stage I don't find any joy in no matter what kind of way I'm playing.

Also there are various stages I hate in single-player modes, but otherwise, 75m is the only one.

Kinda surprised with Palutena's Temple and Great Cave Offensive showing up a lot TBH. They're the best in 8-Player Smash, but they're also great in 1v1, as you can have these big epic fights across a sprawling landscape.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Yeah GCO is the worst, but Pac Land is close.

I like Jungle Hijinks, but mainly I think that it's just a missed opportunity for far better potential DK stages. At least we got the 64 stage back

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Once again, MS Paint the stage, seriously who thought this thing was ok? It's hideous, looks like a preschooler made it, and is just flat out unprofessional as a whole.
Is it weird that I actually like Great cave offensive (Casually of course)?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Out of that list: 75m

I would rather have Mario Bros. back since the hazards weren't annoying.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
75m, out of the new ones though? the starfox one, it's a cool idea but I find it extremely cheap and most of my deaths have been due to falling of the edges out of attacks and the like.
Paulenta's temple and Cave offensive are alot of fun in 8 player smash but not much otherwise.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Palutena's Temple is so damn big and boring as ****. I only pick this stage just for its Omega form.
Agreed.

Voted for Pac-Land, though. I avoid that stage at all costs. Ugly and I hate scrolling stages.

I also hate Wrecking Crew. Probably the most generic-looking stage ever in Smash. It doesn't look like it belongs in a Nintendo fighting game, and I don't understand why the Smash series in general insists on throwing back to such a forgettable game from over 30 years ago.

I actually don't mind Great Cave Offensive, though. It's bad with eight players, but I think it's pretty fun with smaller battles, because you can take the fight to different places and still get kills without struggling thanks to the blast zones.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
75m might possible be the worst, and I'm not sure why it keeps coming back too

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
75m

Because having to fight the stage instead of your opponent is totally such a genius idea. 10/10, Sakurai, make sure you rehash it in the NEXT game.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
MS Paint: the stage and 75M just shouldn't exist the way they do.
Pac-Land should have been a Pac-Man World level. That way it wouldn't be an eyesore.
75m should have a different overall design.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like 75m all too much, but somehow, I actually do not dislike Pac-Land. I think that it's one of the better scrolling stages, and unlike the Infinite Glacier and Rumble Falls, it's not solely a question of trying to survive the damn stage itself instead of trying to land a few hits on the opponent. But yeah, I can see why people strongly dislike it, and I have to agree that it doesn't look good, and that the 3DS Pac-Man stage was leagues better.

...But why is Jungle Hijinks on the poll instead of something obvious like The Great Cave Offensive? Jungle Hijinks is pretty cool, despite not being competitive.

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
I hate 75m, the hazard is too much to handle and when you think the top is a good place to fight because it haves a long flat surface nope got objects hitting you and then donkey kong hits everyone and the easily get kill if hit up high.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Concerning Pac-Land, I wonder if anyone knows the game that the stage is based off from actually looks like it's made from MS Paint and not just the stage itself?

Either way, it is indeed a pretty hideous stage.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Out of that list, probably 75M because the way its set up is awful and there's too much attacking you at once. Seriously, even people who play Smash casually with items on and stuff don't want to go there because it's awful. Pac-Land really only has the problems of its look, but it's honestly pretty fun with friends, I actually like Jungle Hijinks and Palutena's Temple is a little too big, but it was meant more for 8 player Smash anyways. GCO was too, but it's too big even for that.

C3CC

Smash Lord
How Jungle Hijinxs can be considered a bad stage is beyond me. I find it so fun.

Pac-Land is without a doubt the absolute worst. 75m comes in a close second. Palutena's Temple I don't count because I love its Omega Form.

The Great Cave Offensive sucks, and also does Orbital Gate Assault.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Orbital Gate, I actually find that stage to be somewhat fun to play on, despite it having next almost no competitive value, kind of like the Pyrosphere stage.

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
How Jungle Hijinxs can be considered a bad stage is beyond me. I find it so fun.

Pac-Land is without a doubt the absolute worst. 75m comes in a close second. Palutena's Temple I don't count because I love its Omega Form.

The Great Cave Offensive sucks, and also does Orbital Gate Assault.
What makes jungele hijinks so bad is if your trying to get away and the barrel blows up and your at lets say 100%-120% R.I.P

D

Deleted member

My top 5 picks in no particular order:
1. Pac-Land: Also known as MS Paint Land, this stage is bad to me because of how boring and uninteresting it is. Pac-Maze on the 3DS is better because it is more interesting to fight on and it's more creative.
2. 75m: This stage wasn't meant for fighting. It's pretty big, spacious, and the stage hazards here are pretty powerful. I wonder why this was brought back out of all the stages in Brawl... at least it's better than Mario Bros., but that's not saying much.
3. Wily Castle: It wasn't listed here, but this stage is terrible for one reason: Yellow Devil. I love the platforms here and it would make for a great competitive stage. The Yellow Devil kills it for me because it's a massive and intrusive stage hazard.
4. The Great Cave Offensive: It's big and kinda boring. The fights tend to drag because you aren't going to get a good KO for a long time. It's also bad on a personal note as I rather have a Kirby stage from the newer games rather than a (pretty bad) stage from the older games.
5. Mario Circuit (Brawl): I just find this stage to be pretty boring and bland in comparison to the new Mario Circuit. Brawl's version is pretty bland compared to the newer, more thrilling one; I thinking bringing this stage back was redundant.

Honorable mention goes to Palutena's Temple, which is extremely big and uninteresting. Hilariously, level 9 Little Macs can't handle this stage.

Personally, I like Jungle Hijinx. It's a pretty fun stage in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Great Cave offensive may well be the worst stage in the history of the smash series.
Palutena's Temple is awful, as is 75m.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Great Cave Offensive is just pure hell and trolling in 8-player Smash, and so is Palutena's Temple because nobody dies.

75m is up there too, I can't navigate it at all.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Great Cave Offensive. PAC-LAND would be one of the best if they remade it's art style for Smash like Wrecking Crew, so just an HD PAC-LAND.

I can't stand most of the big stages, but by God, GCO is by far the worst of them all.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Great Cave Offensive. PAC-LAND would be one of the best if they remade it's art style for Smash like Wrecking Crew, so just an HD PAC-LAND.

I can't stand most of the big stages, but by God, GCO is by far the worst of them all.
Nope, Pac-Land would still be nasty. Just nasty and aesthetically pleasing.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Nope, Pac-Land would still be nasty. Just nasty and aesthetically pleasing.
Why though? Other than being a side-scrolling stage, I don't hate it. I sure don't think you should have more than 4 fighters in PAC-LAND at any time, but other than that and the graphics, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why though? Other than being a side-scrolling stage, I don't hate it. I sure don't think you should have more than 4 fighters in PAC-LAND at any time, but other than that and the graphics, I don't really see anything wrong with it.
It's just that, because it's a scrolling stage. Aside from Big Blue (love me some Big Blue) they're just notorious for being 'janky'

Top Bottom