• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Part of Brawl

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
what part of SSBB will you NOT like?

I don't like how fast everything is compared to Melee. And, Snake may or may not ruin all and behold. (And Lucas, but I'm not holding any grudge right now)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
what part of SSBB will you NOT like?

I don't like how fast everything is compared to Melee.
And, Snake may or may not ruin all and behold. (And Lucas, but I'm not holding any grudge right now)
What?! Faster?

The only thing I don't like is I don't know if Fountain of Dreams is coming back. That's pretty much it.

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Faster. I've seen some videos where it is CHAOS. Like, they have 2 AT's out and someone's performing a Final Smash while everyone else is running around in circles trying to find out who the heck they are.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
I hate everything about this game. It sucked!!!!!! No point buying it 'cos I know it's gonna be so rubbish.

/sarcasm

Seriously, can we at least wait for the game to come out for the complaints come piling in.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
Yeah, Faster. I've seen some videos where it is CHAOS. Like, they have 2 AT's out and someone's performing a Final Smash while everyone else is running around in circles trying to find out who the heck they are.
Is this a bad thing? I'm going to have fun with all the chaos!

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I honestly can't see how Snake being in it could possibly ruin it. He's just one character on the roster, if you don't like him, you needn't play as him. And I don't think Brawl is any faster then Melee, if anything it's a little slower becuase of the new physics engine for the game.

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
I hate everything about this game. It sucked!!!!!! No point buying it 'cos I know it's gonna be so rubbish.

/sarcasm

Seriously, can we at least wait for the game to come out for the complaints come piling in.
Um... why? We know a lot about the game already, at least half of it probably. Besides things like range and damage of attacks (for some) there can still be some complaints.

Like the speed. I mean, really! how are you supposed to do anything in the example I gave above besides running and ducking between Jill, Stafy, the PO'd Sonics, and a Mario Finale gracing the entire screen. It seems to wild. And yes, I saw that. at Delfino Plaza.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This is because 99% of the people who played Brawl at E4All were FN noobs.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I think you should shut up, because Brawl is going to be so awesome you wont care about the things you don't like.

Kazuma

Smash Cadet
Um... why? We know a lot about the game already, at least half of it probably. Besides things like range and damage of attacks (for some) there can still be some complaints.

Like the speed. I mean, really! how are you supposed to do anything in the example I gave above besides running and ducking between Jill, Stafy, the PO'd Sonics, and a Mario Finale gracing the entire screen. It seems to wild. And yes, I saw that. at Delfino Plaza.
Yeah. It's hard to dodge those bold spin attacks. Owwwww! :p

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Anyways, the game just seems wild OK? and the Roster isn't looking so great. And we so far only have 1 Kirby stage. NOT A GOOD SIGN PEOPLE. 3 less stages and 2 more characters.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Anyways, the game just seems wild OK? and the Roster isn't looking so great. And we so far only have 1 Kirby stage. NOT A GOOD SIGN PEOPLE. 3 less stages and 2 more characters.
lol. Jeez, you act like there aren't going to be any unlockables in the game.

Green Greens, in any form, is Kirby's "default" stage. It's going to be in, at least.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...Uh yeah, you DO know that the DOJO site has only revealed HALF of the game, right?

Seriously, the roster may end up with 30-35 considering it's very likely the starting roster is 21. And I wouldn't be surprised if every stage confirmed are starting stages besides possibly the Melee stages. This is all of a speculation though, but I seriously doubt the rosters on both stages and characters are going to end up with just this.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Eh, what they show on the Dojo is not everything they've put in the game, they're not adding the things into the game as they update ._. What's on the Dojo they've already said is a fraction of what's actaully in the game.

I'm really not sure how you managed to think that what was on the Dojo was all that was in the game, that's just silly to believe.

k-sin

Smash Cadet
They one and ONLY thing bad about this game (when it is released wherever you are).... IS.....

The ridicules amounts of rabid fan boys from "certain uninspired and over produced games" that will start yelling all kinds of obscenities (even here on occasion) about how this game can't be fun because it doesn't use the base fighting game design and "looks" kiddy.
When they know, and we know, that it's just a gosh darn fun game to play.

It was the same with SSB and SSBM....

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Wow, we got ourselves another genious here. But seriously, your complaints are completely unwarranted.

First of all, I thought we were judging the game here, not the website that is still in progress and still has plenty of undisclosed information. You can't complain that there's only one Kirby stage because odds are there are more we just don't know of yet. You say the roster isn't that great, but give no reasons for that opinion (looks fine to me), and it is also partly unknown. Jeez...

Secondally the game really isn't that chaotic, but if it really gets too intense for you, you do know it's possible to turn off all the items, assist trophies and final smashes, right? Or you could at least set them to low. There's nothing wrong here.

Xpressions X

Smash Rookie
Dude "to wild" come on any four player melee match with items on is a "wild" match. In order to make it more for your liking you can change the amount of items as well as the type of matches you would like to play. Remember there is no right way to play smash.

My only fear is that the online "with anyone" won't have 1 on 1 matches.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The only things I'm really disliking are the music and stages. The music just isn't living up to what I thought it would be, and the majority of the stages are looking to be nothing but random platforms floating in the middle of no where. Boring.

Other than that it's looking pretty good.

diddykongpwns

Smash Rookie
If you dont want it to be chaotic then turn items to low. Also the worst part is definetly the wait!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I have nothing to complain about.

Mainly cause I HAVNT PLAYED IT!

Its like saying "I hate watermelon!" Have you tried it? "No..."

Veysey

Smash Cadet
So far, everything looks absolutely amazing. Based on the information that is out - the only complaint I would have...

HRC/BtT/Events don't look like they will have in-game leaderboards. I'd very much like to compare with people around me... even if it does just work with your wii/brawl Friends list, I would be fine with that.

Its a small detail and if this is all I'm complaining about, then I think that speaks for itself, eh? ;)

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
What I hate about it so far is the fact that...

...The fact that I can't find anything to hate about it, I guess? But I suppose that would be contradictory, because hating that there is nothing to hate is something to hate about, so there would be nothing to hate...

...Or would there?

yggdrasil325

Smash Rookie
I hate the fact that people are saying it will suck because it doesn't have the widely used glitch techniques (wavedashing etc) from Melee and/or it doesn't play like Melee. I say to those people to grow up. It's not SSB Melee 2. It's SSB Brawl. Of course it's going to be different. Of course, these are the same people who play only Fox/Falco/Marth on Final Destination with no items. They have lost sight of having fun; they now only play THEIR way so THEY can win.

Top Bottom