• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst matchups for Joker

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I think Joker does well against a lot of the high and top tiers in the game while fairing poorly against some mid and low tiers.

At current, I find these 3 matchups to be the most difficult:
1) Sonic - I find myself unable to explain precisely why this matchup is so bad. Seems a combination of so many factors that I can't express it adequately. Needless to say, I have struggled significantly against every comparably skilled Sonic I've come up against.
2) Jigglypuff
3) Kirby

Puff and Kirby are bad matchups for the same reasons. They are really difficult to hit with Joker's small hitboxes, they can crouch under a lot of his attacks, they're almost impossible to edge guard, and they can use their multiple jumps and floatiness to completely avoid Aresene in many cases. Facing either of them is actually kind of a nightmare.

Last edited:

Spectral Outlaw

Smash Rookie
Joker also struggles against Pika and Pichu. They’re small, quick, making it more difficult for Joker to capitalize on his hits compared to other characters. They’re even worse to try and edgeguard compared to Puff and Kirby, too. Likely his worst MUs.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Joker also struggles against Pika and Pichu. They’re small, quick, making it more difficult for Joker to capitalize on his hits compared to other characters. They’re even worse to try and edgeguard compared to Puff and Kirby, too. Likely his worst MUs.
I'm just realizing I haven't played any Pichus as Joker yet, but I have faced some Pikas. Didn't seem as bad as Puff or Kirby. I think Puff and Kirby's ability to totally avoid Arsene if they want makes them more difficult. Puff and Kirby also have the edge with avoiding combos.

It's a close call. Maybe better overall familiarity against Pikachu helps me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Akechi is his worst matchup

Top Bottom