• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst edge guarder ever= me

Parkachu123

Smash Rookie
ya my falcos pretty decent i can SHL and RSHL pretty good now got DAIR SHFFLS downs learned alot of combos practicin alot but then i noticed when i fought my friend with all these new found skills then i see i forgot to learn how to edge guard which is my biggest weakness. i know the standard stuff like ledge grabbing then jumping back up to spike, Down smash timings on foxes but thats about it. I have a reeeaaal hard time edge guarding Marths cuz my frend plays tricky and is really good at getting back to the stage. i cant spike cuz i always get hit by the sword and when he gets back on the ledge he just does that thing were he drops down and jumps up regrab the ledge thingy so hes invincible and when i get near he fairs or Nairs me so i usually just sit the campin with SHL. so guys any good tips for edge guarding with this sexy bird we all call falco.

im hoping to get a vid up soon probably at my friends birthday where were gunna record our matches cuz all we do is smash at b-days.

John__Locke

Smash Rookie
You shouldn't have a huge problem dropping below the ledge to dair. Don't forget you can shine, phantasm back to the ledge, drop off, jump and dair, upB back to ledge.

Falco isn't an amazing edgeguard, and marth's recovery is great, good marth pilots will sweetspot the ledge every time, which leaves a window of less than 10 frames to get a spike in.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
^ most smartestest 1st post ever. Seriously, good sh*t.

If he doesn't sweetspot, CC the up-B into a dsmash sometimes. Ledge-hop bairs work better than dairs imo.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Why is everyone forgetting about lightshield edgeguard? Seriously, if he is far away this is an amazing option for falco (and any character) to keep marth off the stage, if he lands on the stage just ledgehop bair him back off. One of your strats of camping marth with the laser and keeping your distance is actually a good one, sometimes you just have to let marth back on. Another option is (if you are at a low enough percent) to CC the marth's recovery if he drops below the stage and D-smash him, it works wonders. Never get close to marth if he is invincibility camping. Sometimes you just need to play it cool and be patient.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I agree with above post. Light shield edgeguard is almost a definite stock off if you do it right. IF he attempts to air dodge back, u can let go of the shield and down smash. If he tries to recover he will either get: 1) edgehogged, or 2) He gets onto the stage and you do a ledge-hopped bair to hit him off again. Rinse and Repeat.

Peace

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
XD. Glad I could help some1. It's hard to do the repeat if they have good DI on the bair at lower damages though. If you can, instead of forward smashing off the stage, down smash them off the stage. That makes it harder for marth to DI well and easier to light shield edge hog. G2G for now talk more later lol

Peace

Top Bottom