• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst characters to go against?

chikin

Coin Collector
Palutena
Olimar
Little Mac
Inkling
ROB
Samus
Snake
Bowser
Banjo & Kazooie

My Opinion

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Zero Suit Samus, Wolf and Snake are very annoying to face, its literally like fighting ticks and blood suckers. :mad: Hulk Smash!

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I hate fighting good Bayonettas because it gives me Smash 4 flashbacks, Samus and Mac I don't mind though

chikin

Coin Collector
I don’t like going up against little Mac because most of them just spam smash attacks which forces me to change my play style. Neither of us have fun because I’m forced to camp cause you can approach little mac

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I'm surprised to see so many people not wanting to fight Little Mac. I usually just throw him off the stage and laugh.

Unbelievably awful:
Palutena - absolute worst thing to run into ever. Her rage-inducing victory screen makes it even worse.
Pikachu - almost as bad as Palutena, but doesn't have the rage-inducing victory screen so it isn't quite as bad (but it's still very awful)

Quite awful:
Samus, Young Link, Ness, Lucas, Isabelle, Villager, or any other character whose entire archetype is to annoy you with projectiles and otherwise not engage in combat. Say what you want about zoners being a legitimate and balanced character archetype, but that still doesn't make me enjoy fighting against it.

Dishonorable mention for Bayonetta as well. That character makes me just wanna put down the controller. Not like I could do anything about her long combo strings anyways.

Everything else is usually a reasonably enjoyable fight.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
I'm surprised to see so many people not wanting to fight Little Mac. I usually just throw him off the stage and laugh.

Unbelievably awful:
Palutena - absolute worst thing to run into ever. Her rage-inducing victory screen makes it even worse.
Pikachu - almost as bad as Palutena, but doesn't have the rage-inducing victory screen so it isn't quite as bad (but it's still very awful)

Quite awful:
Samus, Young Link, Ness, Lucas, Isabelle, Villager, or any other character whose entire archetype is to annoy you with projectiles and otherwise not engage in combat. Say what you want about zoners being a legitimate and balanced character archetype, but that still doesn't make me enjoy fighting against it.

Dishonorable mention for Bayonetta as well. That character makes me just wanna put down the controller. Not like I could do anything about her long combo strings anyways.

Everything else is usually a reasonably enjoyable fight.
It’s mainly because it forces you to camp which isn’t fun for both players. It can be funny to gimp him though

Arthur97

Smash Master
Snake is a fighter I despise fighting. Even if I win, it's often a grueling process to do so. I also don't like fighting Ness or Joker.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I actually do enjoy playing against Snake. It forces me to be more tactical and play around more carefully. And he is easy as hell to spike off stage which is always satisfying to land a meteor on him.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
It’s mainly because it forces you to camp which isn’t fun for both players. It can be funny to gimp him though
I actually made an entire montage of gimping Little Mac because of how funny it is. It's absolutely hilarious. I have a couple clips of just forward tilting him with Ganondorf and watching him desperately flail to get back to the stage and fail, with literally 0 intervention after from me. And don't even get me started on how many ways Ridley can gimp Little Mac. Ridley's side B is literally death for him.

He can certainly be more challenging than people give him credit for, given he's always at the bottom of every tier list. His neutral game can be tough to get around sometimes.

I actually do enjoy playing against Snake. It forces me to be more tactical and play around more carefully. And he is easy as hell to spike off stage which is always satisfying to land a meteor on him.
One of the people I frequently fight irl plays Snake. I love breaking his little propeller thingy and making him fall to his death.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
I find Banjo and Kazooie incredibly annoying to go against. You always have to worry about Wonder Wing and they always spam eggs. They tend to play very campy and nobody likes go up against camping. :hulk:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Banjo - Good Banjo players, anyway. Who can create an annoying grenade/egg wall. But also the 'yolo' wonder wing kills are the most salt inducing thing. Thankfully most Banjos tend to be a bit predictable with Wing and often fish for it and burn out their uses.

Wolf - Lately this has been my least favored fight. Online especially. Super safe air attacks, smash attacks that reach stupid far and the start up delay messes me up every time so they STILL get me. Laser camping. Just his kit in general is stupid good against so many characters on the roster and online makes it feel incredibly difficult at times to punish the things that actually ARE punishable. So mostly a rage match online but less so at my locals.

Zelda - I mean, online Zelda is cancer.

Palu - Palu is cancer. :p

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Ness. Not because of PK Fire (though it is annoying), but his hitboxes which are the size of texas (looking at you, fair). Add to that the never risky "let yoyo hang from ledge" option and you're good to go.
Last but not least, whoever decided to give his magnet a hitbox should rethink their decisions. Few Nesses use it, but those who do, you don't even have to try.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Hi.
Let me add DK. Once you got some damage in, he jus tneeds to grab you. Good luck trying to tech the throw against the stage for the stage spike when online.
Or just carry a character with crappy recovery off stage for a kill at 50 %.

Last edited:

Spiny Top

Smash Cadet
I don't like fighting Jigglypuff. The game revolves around you trying to space for single hits here and there until she dies, while she tries to break though that wall and combo you off stage to your death.

It is not fun or interesting for Puff's opponent by and large and her brutal edgeguards add to the frustration.

Not to say the matches are unfair or anything but personally I don't find it enjoyable.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
King Dedede can also be tedious to face because he's unpredictable and his recovery is like a falling bomb. Zelda's magic attacks are very staby and critical, her offense game can be all over the place.

Top Bottom