• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worms Armageddon thread v2 : Worm Olympics STARTS! Let's do dis

pdk

Smash Lord
(old worms thread went straight under the radar but whatever)

WORM OLYMPICS STARTS, a 2-month-long gathering of worms armageddon tourneys for every mode and scheme under the sun; joining some or hosting your own, it's time to put down your brawl and GET HYPE

i'll probably dig up a more thorough FAQ soon on how you too can get up and playin' yourself but for now these links will do the job: here's where you can buy worms (or here in the UK), here's the (outdated as hell) demo to try the waters with, here's the latest update (scroll down until you find 3.6.28.0), and here's a bank of newbie info if you're left scratching your head trying to set the game up and such

i'll gladly host games on wormnet if anyone's down, but if you can host other games on your PC then you can host games on this too (just forward ports UDP 6667 and TCP 17011). the latest update lets you netplay with direct TCP/IP (basically the p2p you know and love) as well as official servers on a lobby system called wormNET, so take your pick; there's nearly always at least 50-60 people connected on wormnet at a given time, no need to worry about having to play all by your lonesome!

and if hitting up wormnet pubbies or SWF (pfft) all the time just doesn't quite hit the spot for you for some reason then there's also a good deal of online leagues (e.g. XTC league, ligaworms (spanish), the challenge base) and regular tourneys (e.g. worm olympics) to check out; there's also the worms wiki with a grand ol' listing of even more community sites, forums and IRC channels for your viewing pleasure

get hype folks, wormy MADHOUSE up in here!

Exypnos

Smash Cadet
Its funny I saw a copy of worms for the ds for 9 bucks new in gamestop today. I plan to pick it up

pdk

Smash Lord
everyone i've heard says worms netplay on PSP and DS is a mess that desyncs constantly, and it just so happens that armageddon also goes for around $10 these days!

Top Bottom