• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Theory (Smash Bros DLC)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
With the announcement of Terry Bogard as DLC, I decided to look into Fatal Fury’s prominence in gaming history, and found something that led to the creation of this theory. This is “World Theory”.

What is “World Theory”? To answer that, we need to look into the Fighter Pass Characters. Joker is a character that seems to appeal to both sides of the world, Persona 5 being a super popular game loved by Sakurai. The Heroes from Dragon Quest were added to the game, but they seemed to only appeal to Japan at the time. Banjo and Kazooie were added to the game, most certainly appealing to the people of the USA. And after today’s announcement, this is what seals it: SNK fighting games like Fatal Fury, King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown, was a big hit in Latin America.

So this is what World Theory is. Each character so far has been a character that has appealed to a certain nationality of gamers. Using this, we can assume that Fighter #5 will be appealing to a different nationality like Europe (If we exclude Bayonetta), South Korea, South Africa (Yeah. There’s a growing gaming community there. I was surprised, too.) or Australia.

One example for that second one is StarCraft, which had an appearance on N64. If we’re going along with World Theory, Raynor, Kerrigan or Zeratul may have a shot at a place in the roster, appealing to South Korean gamers.

Do you think this theory holds water?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No, just like most theories tbh.

Banjo while having an appeal to the west was, iirc, actually trending higher on Twitter than Hero for the Japanese during E3.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
No, just like most theories tbh.

Banjo while having an appeal to the west was, iirc, actually trending higher on Twitter than Hero for the Japanese during E3.
The Japanese's reception of the characters doesn't change the Smash team's intention. They could have intended the character primarily for Japan/Eastern countries, and there's good chance they did.

As for my thoughts on the theory, it could be true but I'm not sure. It's more likely Terry just had huge support from Latin America, and that was enough to get him in.

Top Bottom