• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light Endgame Question

SaMaster14

Smash Rookie
Hi all:

I hope this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if I’m missing anything before battling Dharkon.

Entering the battle I only have 69/73 characters unlocked and 555 spaces completed. I thought I had battled every spirit and unlocked every character on the map (all of the vortex realms have a star by them).

I’m playing normal mode though, would that be an issue? Also, what is the “true ending” I’ve been hearing about?

Thanks in advance!

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
Welcome to the Smashboards, SaMaster14!

Adventure mode is deeply flawed in that you're not allowed to go back and unlock stuff once you've moved on to the next "world," and the game does nothing to warn you about this constraint. I, like many people, just went ahead and assumed I could come back later to unlock whatever I missed. It sounds like you got everything in the dark world, but for the stuff you missed in the light world, unfortunately the only thing you can do at this point is beat the final boss and start a New Game +.

EDIT: I'm a moron! You can go back between worlds all you want!

The difficulty setting makes absolutely no difference. In fact, you can change it at any time, and there's no penalty for lowering it, nor a reward for raising it.

I'll tell you about the "true ending," but it sounds like you're not actually at the end yet. If you're still in the dark world (where you can see the vortex realms), that means you've still got a little ways to go. That said, read this at your own risk:

Once you've cleared the paths in the final world, with Dharkon on the right and Galeem on the left, you can get the "true ending" by going down the middle, to the space in between them. After going through some nonsense including a vertical-scrolling section and a boss rush (you'll definitely want to have an Autoheal or Great Autoheal spirit equipped), you'll fight Dharkon and Galeem at the same time. Fortunately, no matter which ending you choose, your game will save right before you start the fight, so you can load your file back up after you beat it and do another ending.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626

Adventure mode is deeply flawed in that you're not allowed to go back and unlock stuff once you've moved on to the next "world," and the game does nothing to warn you about this constraint. I, like many people, just went ahead and assumed I could come back later to unlock whatever I missed. It sounds like you got everything in the dark world, but for the stuff you missed in the light world, unfortunately the only thing you can do at this point is beat the final boss and start a New Game +.

The difficulty setting makes absolutely no difference. In fact, you can change it at any time, and there's no penalty for lowering it, nor a reward for raising it.

I'll tell you about the "true ending," but it sounds like you're not actually at the end yet. If you're still in the dark world (where you can see the vortex realms), that means you've still got a little ways to go. That said, read this at your own risk:

Once you've cleared the paths in the final world, with Dharkon on the right and Galeem on the left, you can get the "true ending" by going down the middle, to the space in between them. After going through some nonsense including a vertical-scrolling section and a boss rush (you'll definitely want to have an Autoheal or Great Autoheal spirit equipped), you'll fight Dharkon and Galeem at the same time. Fortunately, no matter which ending you choose, your game will save right before you start the fight, so you can load your file back up after you beat it and do another ending.

Nooooooo that's not right. You can go back between worlds. You can always go back to any of the worlds. I first thought you couldn't go back to the 1st world once you first go through the 2nd world and you get the chance to go back once you completed the 2nd world. Turns out during my second play though is that you can go back to the first world anytime during the 2nd world and even after.

Point is you can always go back, it just doesn't look clear. When you're in the starting/middle point of the map, just move down and and you can just press A to jump in it to go back to world 1.

Edit: And OP, make sure you look on the map on both worlds and look to see if those blue portals have a star on them. That means you have clear all spaces in those areas. But make sure you double check the one portal where you had to find all 3 buttons to get into it. Apparently there are different sections in it and will count a star if you cleared the first floor. Make sure you go in and check to see if there are any spirits in the other floor.

Last edited:

Dattix

Smash Rookie
Hi all:

I hope this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if I’m missing anything before battling Dharkon.

Entering the battle I only have 69/73 characters unlocked and 555 spaces completed. I thought I had battled every spirit and unlocked every character on the map (all of the vortex realms have a star by them).

I’m playing normal mode though, would that be an issue? Also, what is the “true ending” I’ve been hearing about?

Thanks in advance!
The last four characters are found on the Final Battle map, and it's kinda tricky: you have to alternate battling spirits and foes controlled by Dharkon and Galeem, respectively, to prevent one from gaining control of the board, or else you're forced to fight the loser and get a bad ending. Once that's done, without spoiling anything else, you will open up a path that leads to fighting both at once, which is the true ending.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

he can just walk back to the light world lol

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Like the others said, the remaining 4 characters are located in the true final map. So just go right ahead & defeat Dharkon.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I guess this is the right place.

So, I've bet WoL with the true ending. I'm glad. But I miss A LOT of talent orbs to learn all the talents. I thought using teams just a bit weaker than the opponents would be enough to get maximum rewards, turns out the level difference matters... I only miss a few fights apparently, since I'm at 97% of completion, so what can I do? Buy a lot of items in the shops hoping for orbs to appear? Start the 'second quest'? What is it exactly by the way?

Oh, and I'm confused about Dracula's castle. The star doesn't show up, so there must be something left to do there, but I don't see anything...

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is the right place.

So, I've bet WoL with the true ending. I'm glad. But I miss A LOT of talent orbs to learn all the talents. I thought using teams just a bit weaker than the opponents would be enough to get maximum rewards, turns out the level difference matters... I only miss a few fights apparently, since I'm at 97% of completion, so what can I do? Buy a lot of items in the shops hoping for orbs to appear? Start the 'second quest'? What is it exactly by the way?
Talent orbs are not effected by the team power. They are fixed rewards.

Also you can't get all the Orbs from one playthrough. I don't remember how short you are, but you do need to do New Game+ to get all of them.
Oh, and I'm confused about Dracula's castle. The star doesn't show up, so there must be something left to do there, but I don't see anything...
You're probably missing Richter. Destroy all ghosts in the level to get him to show up just before where the Alucard fight happens.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Talent orbs are not effected by the team power. They are fixed rewards.

Also you can't get all the Orbs from one playthrough. I don't remember how short you are, but you do need to do New Game+ to get all of them.

You're probably missing Richter. Destroy all ghosts in the level to get him to show up just before where the Alucard fight happens.
Thank you!

Top Bottom