• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World 8 - 1: Mario vs Luigi Match-Up Thread

TriTails

Smash Lord
50:50 is somewhat streching it. Luigi overall does the offense better, and has a lot of true combos. Heck, Luigi CAN N-air right before the first U-tilt in D-throw + U-tilts combo Mario has. You'll have to D-throw to SJP so he cannot cancel it.

Weegee's combos are all no slouches, and it's just make it worse for Mario due to the fact that most if his individual attacks deal more damage than Mario can.

Mario can run away with his mobility, and can do some damage with his combos, as well as Cape and superior F-smash.... but that's about it. Luigi generally won't jump very much if he doesn't have to due to his air speed, but Mario cannot exactly camp him either, he'll just plow through those Fireballs with Nado or SHFF N-air or F-air. Or just use the air and Nado (Or FF aerials, depends on what he is in mood for). Because believe me, he can STILL move in the air, even with that air speed.

Though, of course, this is only my opinion. I may make it sound like it's a horrifying disadvantage for Mario, but in reality, I'm still siding with my 55:45 Luigi lol.

Top Bottom