• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work. Time. Fun. 3 CANCELLED SRY THE SLAVE LABOR IS OVER

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
It's back WTF for more crazy smash action. Can you handle the slave labor of playin video games and tryin to win money if KDJ or I go CAN YOU!!! We will find out on the next episode of WTF insert 5 sec music.

This tourney will be held Sat May 12th 07

The place

The collectors guild
26 wood ave
Mansfield MA 02048 (My home town)
508 339 3105

$5 to get in store YOU MUST PAY THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$10 singles are first

$10 for teams are second

$5 for low-tier

$5 for smash 64 winner take all unless there is more than 20 people for 64

If you pay for singles $5 goes to the store and $10 goes to the pot

Need Cubes, N64's, and Tv's

Registration starts at noon

Tourney starts at 2pm NO EXCEPTIONS

Store will open at either 10am or 11am I will get back to you on that.

Rules that apply to both singles and teams:

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by starting over same level,same characters,and 1 stock

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Random stages list: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (banned on teams), Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned for Singles, and not teams: Great Bay
Stages banned for Teams, and not singles: Fountain of Dreams.
Stages banned for both Singles & Teams: Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams specific rules:

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Other rules:

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

Any questions post and I will try to answer it as best as possible.

SUPPORT SUPPORT

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Tom , I recommend putting "Tourny starts at 2pm" in BIG BOLD LETTERS

Also. HAYATO IS MINE, NO EXCEPTIONS. I CALLED IT FIRST. XD

I'll bring a tv/cube/smash/vcr/tapes. However, I have nothing to upload matches WITH. So someone will have to take my tapes and upload the matches. I'll put a sign on the tv "USE TAGS" so it'll be easy.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Tom , I recommend putting "Tourny starts at 2pm" in BIG BOLD LETTERS

Also. HAYATO IS MINE, NO EXCEPTIONS. I CALLED IT FIRST. XD

I'll bring a tv/cube/smash/vcr/tapes. However, I have nothing to upload matches WITH. So someone will have to take my tapes and upload the matches. I'll put a sign on the tv "USE TAGS" so it'll be easy.
Is that good enough son?!?!

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
O.o

****, so many tournaments in a row. I'd try to get to this again, but I'm probably going to be out of money since the weekend before is AB.

If I come I can bring some equipment, probably a cube (Maybe 2, since I might be getting my uncle's for cheap)

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
yeah ill be going to this for sure. ill be bringing GH2 as usual so if anyone wants to MM ;P ill be happy to do so

ill try and bring a cube this time also so it wont be like last time... with like 2 cubes

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Tom do you need people to bring cubes again or no? Also we talk about doing a crew battle every time tom holds a tourney and we get wendys. Can we please do one this time at least just for fun. They are uber l33t son. Me, JHolla, and the turtles take on Zeb and whatever smashers he can round up. First match DotZeb and Hayato so he can get his revenge.

Discuss.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Can't you choose a date that isn't the same as MST 11? They've had it up for weeks now. Don't you think it's rude to just pick the same date?

Plus they put in a lot of effort to get a new venue in southern Maine so the drive would be better. It's like an hour shorter than before.

nuro

Smash Lord
I don't think Tom looks at the other tournaments that are going on before he posts when the date of his tournies will be. If you look at WTF1's thread you will see that Zozo reminded Tom that it was the same day as Zenith. After that Tom pushed it back. I'm not 100% sure about this though but don't start getting so angry at Tom just yet.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
We know that, we just don't think it would've been as funny if we said "gosh golly gee tom, you got your chocolate in our smash tournament!"

actually I chuckled a little.

Falco1234

Smash Cadet
now that i read this again i will bring a N64 tv and possibly a cube but prolly not its too much work.

tom can i bring GH2 again? PWEEEEZEEEE

and if i can

KDJ rematch at guitar hero

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay Tom.

You need to change the date now.

Here's when you posted WTF 3.

03-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Here's when we MST 11 was posted.

03-18-2007, 08:28 PM

We posted it first. Please change the date. The Maine guys worked hard to get a new venue that was much less of a drive. It's under 90 minute drive to Boston, just for a frame of reference. In other words, people are gonna go to this from Mass. But now your tournament is gonna **** up the whole point of getting the new venue.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
You're going to make Darc cry. Even though it probably won't affect MST11 that much. I think.

Meh, I don't care.

On topic: Trains

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay Tom.

We posted it first. Please change the date. The Maine guys worked hard to get a new venue that was much less of a drive. It's under 90 minute drive to Boston, just for a frame of reference. In other words, people are gonna go to this from Mass. But now your tournament is gonna **** up the whole point of getting the new venue.
Okay Tom.

Banks

Smash Hero
hey guys guess what, this is on the same day as MST11 which we got a new venue for so out of staters would come. what a COINCEDENCE

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
yo for real shut up about this because I am changing the date ok I've been working alot so please just leave me alone alright I will figure it out.

Top Bottom