• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
What's the point of taking away someone's debater status as a result of inactivity? Are you blind? Do you see any activity here recently?

If it's earned... shouldn't it be kept?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That does bring up a good point, given that we earn our right to be in the hall, though I suppose the rule is to debate every once in a blue at most frequent too. How long has it been since your last activity here? Maybe you can speak with GoldShadow about it?

Also, if your debater status was revoked, how are you able to post in the main hall (unless they're still working on the coding for posting privileges and such for various boards)?

Crooked Crow

I don't see any new threads to even debate in. Or activity besides your post just now. Rest my case, guess I'm never seeing it again.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Yhii, nobody's Debater status has been taken away. There was a purge some 3 or 4 years ago, and there hasn't been one since, so rest assured that if you were a debater before the XenForo move, you are still a debater. Judging by the fact that you're able to post in here, I believe that means you are still a debater (unless the switch messed with permissions or something).

However, your post did make me check the "user CP" (or whatever it's called now), and I realized that maybe the misconception arose because there's no option for a member to identify themself with a Debater title (or "ribbon" as it's called now). Even I don't have the option to identify myself as a Debater. Furthermore, there's no information on members' profiles either about which usergroups they belong to.

Hell, I can't see who's in the Debater or Temp Debater usergroups. I literally have no way of viewing this information anymore, nor can I see/approve requests to join usergroups, because there's no moderator control panel or mod tools. Hopefully, our devs will get these kinks worked out. In the meantime, you clearly have access to the DH, so post away.

Crooked Crow

Oh, I didn't know that. I assumed due to no postbit, and the fact I wasn't in here for a while, my posting rights were revoked. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom