• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Word of advice, don't use shiek on wifi until lag is gone lol

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
I just played someone with Sheik and got pwnt. Then I played him again with Ike and won >_<;

So yeah. Regardless, I doubt the lag's going anywhere. It's either your lag or it's the distance.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik is really difficult to play with online's lag. You basically have to hope everything you do hits and do your button inputs way ahead of time assuming your attack worked.

Butthair

Smash Rookie
No wonder I always lose when I play with her on Wi-fi XD. I agree thats the lag is very annoying, but I've never played with any other character online. so I wouldn't know that Shiek was bad with the lag. :)

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Well, this just in. I went out and dropped the cash on a LAN adapter... and all my lag disappeared. It was almost like playing offline.

I'm going to test it out in my dorm in the near future. Hopefully I'll get similar results.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
A lan adapter you say?

Tell me more Justice
Well, a wired Ethernet is infinitely faster than a wireless signal, even if it's being gimped by a USB. I'm willing to bet that input lag is mainly a function of your personal connection speed and your distance from your opponent. Maximize your connection speed and minimize distance from prospective opponents, and lag basically disappears.

Top Bottom