• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoP

Venom NY

Smash Lord
sometimes i try to do wall of pain and sometimes i would get to close to the person and they would go towards the stage instead of away...any tips?

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
pay attention to how you're contacting them during each hit of the WoP. For example, with Fairs, you have that chance of the weak hit, so if they don't fly quite as far away, you'll wanna adjust how quickly you come at them for the next hit. (ie, DONT just hold towards them and mash A)

Basically you wanna space so that you're attacking AS you get closer, so you contact with max range. You don't wanna get right up close and THEN attack, cause then you hit them with the inside of the hitbox, which sends them backwards.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
When you're too close, your attacks send people in the opposite direction.

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
"Basically you wanna space so that you're attacking AS you get closer, so you contact with max range. You don't wanna get right up close and THEN attack, cause then you hit them with the inside of the hitbox, which sends them backwards."

Ahha, all this time I've been doing it wrong...

Top Bottom