• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOP = primary attack or supplement?

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I main Jiggs in Melee, but upon playing her in Brawl she just felt really weak to me...kinda slow and less range. I've put her on the shelf for now, but I'm starting to reconsider.

With the new decay system, even by consistently switching aerials to recover damage/knockback on attacks aren't you just spreading the decay out over all the moves instead of actually benefiting?

Basically, is the WOP still a viable primary method of attack, or will I be forced to use New Jiggs' abhorrent ground game to replenish attacks? With Jiggs' decreased speed and nerfed range/priority of Pound, I feel really vulnerable on the ground, esp. against spacies...

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
With all the nerfs or whatever that happened to Jiggly, as well as diminishing attacks. Jiggly's WoP is now huge on being able to read your opponent like a book.

What I mean by reading your opponent like a book is that now DI ridiculous in Brawl you have to counter DI their DI, while maintaining a steady stream of attacks. If you miss counter DI, you will miss the Aerial, causing them to Recover, since in Brawl, you either Finish them off the side, or they recover (Yay Brawl). Also if you let up with your, Bairs or Fairs, annoying characters like Marth, will be able to get off a Fair or a Bair, ruining everything you had going.

Top Bottom