• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wondering if these chars would be considered "3rd party"

Bailheit

Smash Rookie
I've looked around and no one has sadly even thought about characters from these 3 awesome RPG'S. I can't really remember who made all of them so that's why I'm asking about 3rd parties. I guess I'm also suggesting these guys for Brawl in a way also...

Baten Kaitos:
-Kalas
-Sagi
Both potential clones for Pit due to their wings

Tales of Symphonia:
-Lloyd
-Kratos
-Sheena
-Zelos
Playing this game was almost like playing Smash during it's battle sequences

Skies of Arcadia Legends:
-Vyse
-Gilder
I know this one isn't likely but it was still pretty awesome and memorable

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
ToS is Namco and Skies of Arcadia is Sega. Baten Kaitos is Monolith, but I think Nintendo bought part of them, but I could be wrong about that.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, they're all third party...and btw, Lloyd would be EPIC:p...
Right now Lloyd Irving is on that crappy title for the Wii. He appears as a guest on Soul Calibur Legends. Hey it's a pretty so so game but at least my man Lloyd gets his chances increased in appearing in Brawl.

Blakethefox

Smash Rookie
Well about baten kaitos series, they could probably be in, especially Kalas. Look what i found out:

Posted Apr 27, 2007 6:56 pm GMT

Namco Bandai Games today announced on its Japanese Web site that it is selling its majority interest in developer Monolith Soft to Nintendo. According to the publisher, Nintendo has acquired 80 percent of the company's shares.

Namco Bandai will retain 16 percent of the developer's shares and will continue to count the studio among its partners. Best known as the developer behind Namco Bandai's Baten Kaitos and Xenosaga series of role-playing games
That means Nintendo has the rights to use Baten Kaitos characters in any of their games right?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Like I said before, Baten Kaitos is either owned by Namco or Monolith, but it's sort of ambiguous. One thing I was wondering though, is Saki Amamiya, the AT, third party too? I'm not sure if Treasure or Nintendo has the rights to him.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Monolith Soft is a subsidiary of Nintendo pretty much, making it first-party like Intelligent Systems (which evolved from Nintendo R&D1) and NOT second party or third party (as it is completely owned by Nintendo). What's weird is that they were still able to finish Playstation games right after being bought out, but quickly jumped into making Xenosaga for the DS and, I think, they are working Baten Kaitos DS (but I could be wrong).

I guess in a nutshell, Kalas and the rest of those folks are just as likely candidates for Smash as Marth or Kirby.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
All of those have been stated before, and on a side note Lloyd was just recently on a Wii game. He starred as a playable character in Soul Calibur Legends just like Link starred as a playable character in Soul Calibur II.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
ToS is Namco and Skies of Arcadia is Sega. Baten Kaitos is Monolith, but I think Nintendo bought part of them, but I could be wrong about that.
It's more than that, I'm pretty sure nintendo bought nearly every last bit of monolith.

Blakethefox

Smash Rookie
Monolith Soft is a subsidiary of Nintendo pretty much, making it first-party like Intelligent Systems (which evolved from Nintendo R&D1) and NOT second party or third party (as it is completely owned by Nintendo). What's weird is that they were still able to finish Playstation games right after being bought out, but quickly jumped into making Xenosaga for the DS and, I think, they are working Baten Kaitos DS (but I could be wrong).

I guess in a nutshell, Kalas and the rest of those folks are just as likely candidates for Smash as Marth or Kirby.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft
Actually, I used to follow baten kaitos projects because i really liked the games, and as far as I know, due to Baten Kaitos origins being launched just before the wii launched (or thats the reason i think), the sales were terrible, and so the Baten Kaitos DS project has been suspended. Baten Kaitos producer said he was willing to continue the seriers, but not any time soon, he also said that he loved making those games, and would like to make more, but not for now.

It would be great if Kalas was included in Smash as it would boost Baten Kaitos series popularity alot, just as the producer wants I think.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Nintendo did purchase the ownership for Baten Kaitos, but after Brawl enetered production. I expect a Kalas AT at best. Hopefully a trophy!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Baten Kaitos:
-Kalas
-Sagi
Both potential clones for Pit due to their wings
Monolith Soft is now a subsidiary of Nintendo, making them first party. This kinda sucks, because of all the awesome games they made on other consoles, like NAMCO X CAPCOM may not receive sequels :( Yes, I guess Kalas has the potential to be a Pit clone, but that would wast the even greater potential for an awesome and original character move set. I'm hoping for some Baiten Kaitos love, but I doubt it'll be fulfilled.

Tales of Symphonia:
-Lloyd
-Kratos
-Sheena
-Zelos
Playing this game was almost like playing Smash during it's battle sequences
Never played Tales of Symphonia, so I don't know how good a character he would be (from what I've heard, he'd be a good addition). Namco = official 3rd party for Nintendo, but if anyone, I'd say Pac-Man would make it because he's the mascot.

Skies of Arcadia Legends:
-Vyse
-Gilder
I know this one isn't likely but it was still pretty awesome and memorable
Don't know about this one, but it looks like it's owned by Sega. It depends if they're willing to give another non-Sonic character in. I think one character per company is good.

Top Bottom