• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wondering about the gamestop tourneys? read this for all your questions!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Well, since the last 11 or so threads were about the gamestop tourney, along with other spam, I'd be glad to just sum it up about the gamestop tourneys

It's going to suck. Don't waste your time with it. Bad ruleset/tourney is bad.

End of story

So plz, stop making threads about the rulesets/questions. It's about the same everywhere. Maybe you can get the district tourney ruleset changed, but once you get to the regional and up, its going to be SERIOUS BUSINESS

I mean getting to play a video game for such a big sum of money and getting to do so on live telivsion can be very epic, along with a free flight to CA

But in order to get here, you must surpass much unnecessary gayness.

Just your friendly smashboard poster trying to save you a day of bullshiz

OR:you could waste your good time that could be spent playing your american copy of brawl by going to your local gaystop smash bros tourney!

-Cash Mooney

S2

Smash Lord
Well I want to win my store and possibly my district, because I know both are possible.

But yeah, I agree... no one should take this all that seriously. Be prepared to lose because of something stupid, like a hammer spawning next to your opponent. Or losing to a final smash.

Just be ready to shrug the whole thing off if you get cheaped out by some unfair BS. Because that'll probably happen to most of the better players in this thing.

Synth

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. The gamestop I'm going to tomorrow is giving away a free copy of the game to the winner of the tournament so... I feel more obligated to enter into it.

Besides... For some strange reason... This thing means a lot to me. >_<

Hopefully I'll at least get my free copy tomorrow. I plan on doing that, then winning districts to get a gamestop gift card so I can buy God of War for the PsP. Haha. Then, if I actually do ride it to Regionals... why not play it all the way through. It's what I was going for, anyway. But the free game and the money to pay off God of War would be really kick-***.

hisshouburaiken

Smash Cadet
"It's a stupid tourney with a stupid ruleset, don't go."

"Why are you still going?!"

"Stop having fun!!"

Get over it. If I lose because the Dragoon parts don't spawn near me, so be it. Who cares?

rcc0088

Smash Rookie
Well I haven't played much in months...I really don't feel too confident about it...not at all. But regardless it should still be fun...even if we lose. BTW...I can always blame it on the wiimote haha

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol no1 is taking it seriously 1. it will be 12 am when your playing and winning/lossing the first round. 1 min and items = ghayyy. huryle temple. idk why pple get so overworked over this dumb tourny

inmediasres

Smash Rookie
You so called serious players always get a chuckle out of me when you go on and on about what is fair and what is not. If you're so good then why are you getting so bent out of shape over elements BUILT INTO THE GAME. If a poke ball is spawned, get it first. If you're opponent gets it, dodge that bad boy. No item means an instant kill for someone who is supposedly at a such a high level as you fine sirs on these boards.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I play this game for the challenge and the fun and half of that is adapting your strategies depending on the situations (i.e. items and stages other than flat boring Final Destination).

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
You so called serious players always get a chuckle out of me when you go on and on about what is fair and what is not. If you're so good then why are you getting so bent out of shape over elements BUILT INTO THE GAME. If a poke ball is spawned, get it first. If you're opponent gets it, dodge that bad boy. No item means an instant kill for someone who is supposedly at a such a high level as you fine sirs on these boards.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I play this game for the challenge and the fun and have of that is adapting your strategies depending on the situations (i.e. items and stages other than flat boring Final Destination).
the guy that posted isn't a serious player.

inmediasres

Smash Rookie
the guy that posted isn't a serious player.
Oh no! You found me out. I'm not serious because I don't subscribe to your way of thinking. I'm not serious because I feel that if you have the skill, stuff like that doesn't matter. Yeah you got my number alright.

Top Bottom